Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is Today Over?
daycare 04:46 PM 10-21-2013
Possibly the worst Monday in my daycare history.......

I just need a good joke. anyone have one?
LaLa1923 04:56 PM 10-21-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
Possibly the worst Monday in my daycare history.......

I just need a good joke. anyone have one?
What happened??

I feel ya!
Unregistered 05:17 PM 10-21-2013
If it makes you feel better I changed 19 poopy diapers.Cleaned up three potty accidents.Shampooed carpets TWICE!!!
Performed the heimlich on a 2 year old and extracted a raisin from a kids nose!
Yeah,I quit!!!
daycare 05:41 PM 10-21-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
What happened??

I feel ya!
what didnt happen might be easier to explain.....lol

basically one of those days where you are arguing with parents about policies, sending kids home left and right and then having to battle that whole thing. I had a family give notice that has 2 FT kids.

Vomiting kid, called parents to tell them to pick up, they came at normal time of 5:00pm. Kid threw up about 6 times, once on me. Cleaned the carpet what feels like a billion times......This family termed when I told them that I was going to charge them 1/2 the late fee of $1.00 per min after calling to pick up. I called them at 11am, they came at 5:00pm, $420.00. I said I was not backing down this time, because they have done this to me 2 other times. I spent half of my day trying to get in touch with anyone on their list. Neither parent was picking up, none of the emergency contacts returned my call either.

another DCG returned today after being out all last week. SHE still has a fever. So this means now that the child has been running a fever for 9 days. I told parents that I needed them to have a doctors note with diagnosis before the child can return. They got really mad and I have a feeling that they might be giving notice.

Another parent showed up during nap time and says oh I guess I forgot to tell you that I had to pick up for a dental appt today. 3 kids wake up when she knocks on the door and comes in very loud. The vomiting dck is sitting on my bathroom floor crying, pukes all over the floor while DCM is here picking up. Her kid is going nuts and I am trying to get them out so that I can help vomit kid.

My assistant had to go home early, she also got puked on and almost puked from the smell on her clothing.

Lucky my hubby was home today to help out with that or I would have been in trouble there.

Lets just say I am done for the day and it's not quite over yet..............
daycare 05:44 PM 10-21-2013
currently I am sitting here trying to think of how I am going to respond to the family that termed the spot because I told them that I am charging half of the late fee.

I am trying to remind myself why I do this again?????

UGH................what a crappy day
Luna 05:47 PM 10-21-2013
You win the Crappiest Monday Award

You said it isn't quite over...can you possibly make it be over?,put off whatever is left to do until tomorrow? Get a head start on a Terrible Tuesday?
I hope you have a peaceful evening
coolconfidentme 05:50 PM 10-21-2013
Oh a happier note..., I had a cruddy day until my son called me. He is coming home tomorrow for good! He has been serving on the USS George Washington (in Japan) for the last 4 years & got stateside the other day for exiting debriefing. YAY ME!
daycare 05:51 PM 10-21-2013
Originally Posted by Luna:
You win the Crappiest Monday Award

You said it isn't quite over...can you possibly make it be over?,put off whatever is left to do until tomorrow? Get a head start on a Terrible Tuesday?
I hope you have a peaceful evening
lol Thanks.....I am trying to take the positive in all this, just finding it hard. I have one kid left for pick up and I will be done for the day....

Now i get to clean the whole house again. UGH
daycare 05:52 PM 10-21-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
Oh a happier note..., I had a cruddy day until my son called me. He is coming home tomorrow for good! He has been serving on the USS George Washington (in Japan) for the last 4 years & got stateside the other day for exiting debriefing. YAY ME!
that is super news......................................congrats to you..I don't know how you do it. My son told me last week (hes a SR in HS) mom, I want to join the military.....I cried and said no way, not going to happen. I am so not ready to let go.....
coolconfidentme 08:04 PM 10-21-2013
that is super news......................................congrats to you..I don't know how you do it. My son told me last week (hes a SR in HS) mom, I want to join the military.....I cried and said no way, not going to happen. I am so not ready to let go.....
It's tough, I'm not going to lie. I went through it before with my oldest son. He use to be a drill sgt. At least he was stateside his whole military career.
Scout 08:33 AM 10-22-2013
OM! Who doesn't pick up their child when they are vomiting? I rushed to get to mine when he did! This makes me angry and you should charge them all of it!! I hope today is going much better!
daycare 08:51 AM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
OM! Who doesn't pick up their child when they are vomiting? I rushed to get to mine when he did! This makes me angry and you should charge them all of it!! I hope today is going much better!
yeah my thoughts exactly.......

And it seems as though today is not starting off any better.................
butterfly 08:56 AM 10-22-2013

You poor thing! What is going on today?!?
Familycare71 08:57 AM 10-22-2013

I cannot believe that family did that to you!!! They should be grateful you charged a fee instead of calling Cps!!! People are just - ugh!!!

Hang in there!
slorey 09:47 AM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
I agree! OP, On top of the fees you added for the late pick up, make sure you don't forget to add for the lack of notice they gave you to term. This is the 3rd strike for them with a sick child and not picking up when called. Good riddance to them! Hope the rest of your week gets better. Although, with a sick kid there vomiting all day yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone catches it. Fingers crossed for you that I am wrong.
daycarediva 09:55 AM 10-22-2013
WOW! ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

I would invoice the parents for the $1/minute amount, throw in professional carpet cleaning with their final bill, sent certified mail with a copy of their signed contract, screenshot of the calls placed to them and their emergency contacts, etc and take them to court if they didn't pay it. NOBODY should show that much blatant disregard for others-not only their child care provider, but their own SICK CHILD. I would have termed on the spot myself.

I have been VERY fortunate with the sickies going around here. All of my parents kept home when they weren't feeling well and called me to get the final say when they were unsure. Thanking my lucky stars right now!
Tags:bad day, monday, over it, overwhelmed, vent
Reply Up