Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nicknames Picked Up In Your Day Care
Pestle 08:56 AM 04-18-2018
My kid got the nickname "Sofa" from another toddler in her day care. Now I've got a kid whose nickname is the impressive "Nua Buddabud Pickapeel," which is what came out when a kid tried to shout "No! Buddy's eating his banana without taking the peel off!" We were all so tickled that it stuck.

I have the problem that my actual nickname, when said by a child whose consonants are iffy, comes out "Weewee."
Jo123ABC 11:16 AM 04-19-2018
That's so funny! The kiddos here give each other nicknames all the time too. I have a zo-zo, Kay-kay (also referred to as Kay-cakes ), Liamster (or lee-lee). They come up with the funniest stuff sometimes
Unregistered 12:07 PM 04-19-2018
I had one years ago that we called Foofy, short for Little Bunny Foofoo.
flying_babyb 05:42 PM 04-19-2018
Burny boo (journey)
Ke-ke (kegan)
GG (child with the same name as another and a last name starting with g)
Im cowboy jenny this week (studying wild west and I made the mistake of wearing a cowboy hat)
and NobOOOOga (our little nose picker)
CeriBear 05:50 AM 04-20-2018
Tate (tater, tatums, tater tot)
Kara (care bear)
Sofia (sofie sofe)
storybookending 07:30 AM 04-20-2018
Mostly just shortened version of their names. Since day one I’ve had two little girls with the same name. In the beginning they were “big *childs name*” and “baby *childs name*”. They are still mostly referred to as big and little but the older one calls the younger one just “baby”.
Pestle 08:29 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
and NobOOOOga (our little nose picker)

Pestle 08:30 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Mostly just shortened version of their names. Since day one I’ve had two little girls with the same name. In the beginning they were “big *childs name*” and “baby *childs name*”. They are still mostly referred to as big and little but the older one calls the younger one just “baby”.
My church had Big Luis and Little Luis (dad and son). Then Little Luis hit puberty and. . . never mind. He was still called Little Luis when he towered over his dad.
storybookending 08:54 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
My church had Big Luis and Little Luis (dad and son). Then Little Luis hit puberty and. . . never mind. He was still called Little Luis when he towered over his dad.
I grew up in a daycare and spent many years after I was no longer of age just going to spend time with the kids in the summers. They had two girls named Macy/Macie. They were called big macie and little Macy throughout. I witnessed both of them at one point scream out “MY NAME IS NOT BIG MACIE” (her mom was what I would call a problem parent and got it in her head) and once the little one was 3-4 scream out “IM NOT A BABY”. They are in 8th grade and 11th grade now. I saw “baby Macy” a few months ago (small town). I called her baby Macy and she smiled.
daisymay 10:26 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by CeridwenLynne:
Tate (tater, tatums, tater tot)
Kara (care bear)
Sofia (sofie sofe)
My son is tater tot! Lol! I can’t blame the kids for that one, though. I gave it to him haha!
Sunchimes 06:42 PM 04-20-2018
I have one named... let's say Mike. He has grown up here with a little girl who has called him Mikey since they started talking. He is big for his age and will probably grow up to be a big ole tough football player. They head off to school this fall, and we are all slightly relieved they are in different school districts. I'm sure he would hate being called Mikey for the rest of his life. It is a small town, he would never escape it. 😄
MyAngels 06:56 AM 04-21-2018
I've had lots over the years, a few that come to mind:

Mo-Mo
Happy Abby, or depending on the day, Crabby Abby
Tay-Tay
Nickster
Spud
Ko-bear
Baby bear
Pink-a-poo
Pandaluver21 04:41 PM 04-21-2018
We've had a couple from one kid to another, but the funniest ones are what me and our other teacher get called.

Me (Miss Irene)
Missy Reentttttttt
Mess Bibeen
Miss Ireem (or just Reem)
and the latest...
Messy bean...

Miss Jennifer
Miss Jlsithelkmsth (ok not exactly, but he couldn't say her name... ever... or even close lol)
Miss Jenniher
or my favorite..
Diaper...
flying_babyb 07:09 PM 04-21-2018
Oh a teacher one: teachers name is erica
called;
KA
rica
and my favorite
America!
Mad_Pistachio 07:54 PM 04-21-2018
not exactly daycare related.
I was a nanny in a family whose younger daughter's name is Sachi. I called her "sachok" which means "butterfly net" in my language. the whole family got a kick out of this and started calling her "sachok" as well. when she was 5-6, she occasionally pretended to be offended by being called a butterfly net, mostly for the drama effect.
when she got her first e-mail address, she made it sachok@whatever. I guess, it did end up sticking.
ColorfulSunburst 09:19 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
... I called her "sachok" which means "butterfly net" in my language. ...
do you speak Russian?
Mad_Pistachio 04:24 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
do you speak Russian?
yeah.
ColorfulSunburst 08:47 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
yeah.
me too
Jamie 04:09 AM 04-23-2018
For some reason I find it immensely funny to refer to my littles (I have all under 3s) as "Mister/Miss/Professor/Doctor *last name*"
It never stops being funny to me to call out "All right, Professor Holm, come on!" and then have a little 18-month-old toddle along
DaveA 04:38 AM 04-23-2018
Not really a nickname, but had a Salem here for a while. It was a tough one for the younger kids. One mangled it into Salmon and another Satan.

There for a while out of the 6 kids in my group 3 names rhymed and 2 began with the same letter. The whole group spent got used to being called "kiddo" or "buddy" after I gave up getting the right name on the first try.
Pestle 11:08 AM 04-23-2018
Salem > Satan
My kid went to school with Potato and Lemon (Matteo and Lennon).
Tags:nicknames
Reply Up