Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Parent Is Unbelievable!
JLH 03:23 PM 03-19-2013
Background story:
this is the mom that admits to covering up symptoms with tylenol before bringing kid to daycare and also tried to convince me that her kid wasn't contagious because he was on medicine, when pushed further the medicine she was talking about was tylenol and ibuprofen and not antibiotics, child has brought strep and the stomach flu into my home and all this is just within the last month or so Ugh!

Here was my conversation with mom over the phone today.

Mom; Freddy's sister is home from school this week and we were wondering if you had room for her.

Me; Why is she out of school? Is she sick?

Mom; Well, that depends on who you ask... then she says something about stupid doctors

Me; Well, what did they diagnose her with?

Mom; the school said she had chicken pox but the doctor said it's impetigo and that's not contagious and she is on medicine.

Me; ummm... No! No she can't come here with impetigo. It's highly contagious until she has been on an antibiotic for 48 hours along with remarkable improvement in the healing of the sores.

Here's my question for you other providers. Now, keeping in mind that impetigo can be contagious for 3 days before there are any symptoms, would you allow the brother to attend since he doesn't have it... yet? I told her no and she still has to pay. Would you do the same? Also, would you terminate for all of these reasons put together? If so, how would you do it? What would you say? Seems to me that this family is getting sneakier and sneakier about bringing their sick kids to daycare and I'm sick of it being brought in my house. I'm pregnant and have 3 little ones of my own.
Tags:illness, illness policy, impetigo, sibling illness, sickness
Up