Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Furniture
lflick 11:54 AM 01-28-2014
Where do you all find your furniture? I am looking for a new table and chairs set because my current kidney shaped one is just too awkward in my space.... I have found some good ones on various sites BUT the shipping is just as much as the product most times! Any suggestions?
butterfly 11:56 AM 01-28-2014
amazon? I got mine there, but it's technically not a children's table, but an adjustable height folding table. I love it!!
DaisyMamma 12:01 PM 01-28-2014
ikea has a nice set.
craigslist is always great for that stuff too.
Cat Herder 12:24 PM 01-28-2014
I love www.bizchair.com
kendallina 08:16 PM 01-28-2014
I use IKEA lack tables. Their height is perfect and they're cheap. I'm not sure of my longevity in this business, so the idea of spending a couple hundred dollars on a child's table is too much for me.
blandino 08:37 PM 01-28-2014
Our 2 kidney shaped tables are super awkward in our new space as well. But I can't go back to high chairs after having the bucket seat table. I just can't imagine washing high chair trays again.

I really like our Ikea Mamut tables. if that fits the bill. The only issue I have (these are in our play area, so it might not be an issue if used for eating), is that the stools are everywhere, and constantly turned upside down. I have a bunch of stools and two chairs, and the chairs make excellent climbing equipment since the back aides the climbing process. :roll eyes:

But the size and quality is really good !
Meeko 05:38 AM 01-29-2014
I got several banquet tables (48x24) at Sams Club. I love them because they are multi-purpose.

They have 3 heights. The lowest is perfect for the kids. The second setting is dining table height, so perfect for our family if we have people over and need extra dining space. The third height is counter height and I have used them this way in yard sales etc. I cover them in blankets at this height too and the kids play "tent".

If I ever quit daycare, I would still use the tables regularly.

They clean easily. Everything comes right off.

They fold down AND in half and are very easy to store.
glensidegirl 06:17 AM 01-29-2014
Check freecycle.org in your area-I have gotten some great things through them.
missy 06:54 AM 01-29-2014
This post is perfect timing for me, I have spent literally days searching for the beat deal on tables for my center ( I saved the tables for last because it's been such a tedious search!). All the school supply stores charge so much for shipping that it's just not worth it.

Bizchair has free shipping, that's awesome, I found what I needed there!

Never heard of freecycle, I am going to check that out today too.

I found some great pieces of furniture on IKEA too but they are out of stock at my store and don't ship many of the larger items online:-(

Great post!
NoMoreJuice! 07:08 AM 01-29-2014
These are the tables/chairs I use in my home for DC!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st...olors/25061338

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st...ingMethod=p13n

I LOVE them...they're sturdy, easy to break down for weekend storage, light enough for the kids to help me move them, and their surface is great for sanitizing.

laceylmm 07:17 AM 01-29-2014
I'm looking for a bigger table to break up space also. But can't decide of I want light weight and easy to move, or heavier so kids can't slide them around the floor.
Blackcat31 08:20 AM 01-29-2014
I "buy" all my furniture from a guy I know.

He's really good and does things to my specific specifications without complaint.

He even cooks me dinner.
Cat Herder 08:23 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by glensidegirl:
Check freecycle.org in your area-I have gotten some great things through them.
I tried that last year. They were so rude when they found out I ran a daycare.

Why else would I be offering so many toys, craft supplies and party decor? I buy in bulk.

Hope other areas are better......
missy 11:05 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I "buy" all my furniture from a guy I know.

He's really good and does things to my specific specifications without complaint.

He even cooks me dinner.
Priceless:-)
Tags:furniture
Reply Up