Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hmmmm...
jen 10:52 AM 01-12-2011
About 40 minutes after lunch, dcg throws up (all over my couch, but that is besides the point).

I call Mom:

Me: Oh, poor baby threw up.
Mom: Really??? That's weird! All she had for breakfast was oatmeal.
Me: Well, she did eat lunch, she may have over eaten but I can't risk it.
Mom: I totally understand, no problem, dcd is on the way.

Daycare Dad arrives:

Me: So sorry, maybe she just over ate, but I can't risk it.
Dad: She said she had a stomach ache at breakfast...

Huh, I guess the puking isn't so weird then, is it? LOL! Anyone want to guess what Mom does for a living....

DOCTOR!

(I actually have to say, I really like this family so I feel a little guilty saying anyting about it here, but it was one of those things I had to share.)
countrymom 10:59 AM 01-12-2011
I have a mom who's a nurse that worked with little kids, sometimes I just have to shake my head.
SandeeAR 11:00 AM 01-12-2011
People never see in their OWN kids, what they see in others.
Blackcat31 11:12 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
People never see in their OWN kids, what they see in others.
Ditto...the two worst behaving kids I have ever had both had parents who were family/child therapists...one specialized in children's play therapy so just goes to show ya....
lvt77 11:18 AM 01-12-2011
I have one family both dcm are dentist and they have 2ks....
2.yr old still on bottle
3.5 yr old still on passy.....ugh
Unregistered 12:09 PM 01-12-2011
One of my dcm's is a nurse and she does not even have a clue when her child is sick. I wonder how she is as a nurse or how she even passed the nursing classes. It really irritates me. I have to tell her her child is not feeling good and she will say, I didn't notice, she was fine earlier. She has had a bad cough for the past couple weeks and I will keep asking her if she is doing anything for her cough at home and she will say, I never hear her cough at home. But when she is h ere, she coughs just terribly, where she will almost throw up, not how can you miss that. I have heard her cough in the mornings when her Mom steps in the door and how can she not hear that or acknowledge that.
jen 01:32 PM 01-12-2011
Crap-tastic! Just sent home child #2...this one puked on the rug! LOL~
Blackcat31 01:37 PM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
Crap-tastic! Just sent home child #2...this one puked on the rug! LOL~
In her own mothers word..."Hmm, that's weird" Sorry to hear that. I can do poo and snot and all the other yucky things that come with kids but I have the hardest time with puke...eww...having dry heaves as I type...LOL!!
Crystal 01:58 PM 01-12-2011
I had two pukers today too.....one stayed home, one puked on his nap mat. I threw it away Mom was here in 15 minutes.
MG&Lsmom 02:44 PM 01-12-2011
I don't do puke...period. I can talk about it, but being around, no way. Even when my own get sick I call DH and make him come home. Otherwise I'm sick too. Just can't handle it.

Sorry you had such a sucky day!
jen 06:08 AM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
I don't do puke...period. I can talk about it, but being around, no way. Even when my own get sick I call DH and make him come home. Otherwise I'm sick too. Just can't handle it.

Sorry you had such a sucky day!
Thanks!

My dh just started working in a new special education classroom. He is used to working with ADHD kids and the like, but was working in a room with alot of physically challenged kids and he was a bit freaked out. When he saw my day, he said..."Wow, your day was way grosser than mine!" LOL! At least he helped me with the last puker!
jen 06:10 AM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
In her own mothers word..."Hmm, that's weird" Sorry to hear that. I can do poo and snot and all the other yucky things that come with kids but I have the hardest time with puke...eww...having dry heaves as I type...LOL!!
I'm OK with the puke...but when I saw the dog trying to eat it, I threw up in my mouth a little bit! LOL!
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
I'm OK with the puke...but when I saw the dog trying to eat it, I threw up in my mouth a little bit! LOL!
What is with dogs?!?! They lick their own butts, they eat poo and they sniff other's privates as an introduction and yet they are the most common pet in the world! LOL!!

.......the dog is in the corner laughing.......
Tags:vomit
Reply Up