Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tom- Dependent Care Credit Question
CrackerJacks 10:20 PM 10-27-2013
I regularly enroll my daughter in several afterschool classes several hours a week while I work and claim these under the dependent care credit.
Next year she will start a competitive soccer league which practices 3hrs/week, during my working hours, games are 1-2x/wk aprox 1hr each after work hours. Does any of this qualify for the credit? Also, she attends regular Girl Scout meetings after school (during my working hours) 1-2x/mo, would any costs associated with this activity qualify? Thanks
TomCopeland 09:42 AM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks:
I regularly enroll my daughter in several afterschool classes several hours a week while I work and claim these under the dependent care credit.
Next year she will start a competitive soccer league which practices 3hrs/week, during my working hours, games are 1-2x/wk aprox 1hr each after work hours. Does any of this qualify for the credit? Also, she attends regular Girl Scout meetings after school (during my working hours) 1-2x/mo, would any costs associated with this activity qualify? Thanks
If your daughter is not yet in kindergarten, you can claim the child care tax credit for classes that occur during your work hours. You can claim the expenses for soccer, but not for Girl Scouts.
CrackerJacks 01:10 PM 10-30-2013
She is in 2nd grade. Can I still deduct?
TomCopeland 03:24 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks:
She is in 2nd grade. Can I still deduct?
Nope. Sorry.
Tags:tax credit
Reply Up