Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>One of My Favorite Lines....
Naptime yet? 04:26 AM 12-09-2013
I love when parents say to me "is it ok if I keep my child home today?", or apologize for not bringing them to dc. Or they think about keeping them home, then start fishing for a reason from me as to why they should bring them. Crazy.
Play Care 04:36 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
I love when parents say to me "is it ok if I keep my child home today?", or apologize for not bringing them to dc. Or they think about keeping them home, then start fishing for a reason from me as to why they should bring them. Crazy.
I don't have that, but I do have parents call and say things like "I'll make your day easier by keeping sick DCK at home," as if they are doing me a favor, rather then something they are contractually obligated to do. Also, it's not as if one child being out makes a ton of difference - I'll still have NINE other children here. Now when it's my challenging sibling set, sure But in general it's not as if one child being out = easy day.
cheerfuldom 06:19 AM 12-09-2013
ha, like when the parents talk about your "day off" when they keep their child home and forget that you have 7 others. One more does not make a difference after about 4 or 5.
Kimskiddos 06:27 AM 12-09-2013
I do have a family that ask permission to keep their child home too! lol
I always say of course, it's nice for the child to have a break day.
daycarediva 07:03 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
ha, like when the parents talk about your "day off" when they keep their child home and forget that you have 7 others. One more does not make a difference after about 4 or 5.
Seriously. I had a parent text me Friday "Looks like it will be an easy day for you. Keeping C home."

Easy? 5 other kids under 5, 1 SA and my own 4 SA. Not to mention, her child is the easiest. LOL!
Blackcat31 08:07 AM 12-09-2013
My oddball text this morning said:

"Hi, the kids and I aren't feeling well. I'm sure it is just a really bad cold but I wanted to check with you first. They say they still want to come so... "

Um, ok....check with me about what exactly??

I just replied "Well, you know my illness policy fairly well. It's YOUR call."

I think that this particular mom just wanted my permission to stay home too but I don't allow parents to put me in that position. If you KNOW your kids are sick, keep them home.

It has NOTHING to do with me.
Heidi 08:47 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

"Hi, the kids and I aren't feeling well. I'm sure it is just a really bad cold but I wanted to check with you first. They say they still want to come so... "

I think that this particular mom just wanted my permission to stay home too but I don't allow parents to put me in that position. If you KNOW your kids are sick, keep them home.

I do have one mom who would feel very guilty about missing work. She'd pretty much beg me to put my foot down and say "no, he's too sick to come". Then they can call me the bad guy to work. Just one of the many services I offer....
Blackcat31 08:50 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I do have one mom who would feel very guilty about missing work. She'd pretty much beg me to put my foot down and say "no, he's too sick to come". Then they can call me the bad guy to work. Just one of the many services I offer....
I'd assume that were the case but this mom is a college student and in her second text, let on that she just wanted to sleep without having to worry about them.

Yeah, well...YOUR sick kids =YOUR responsibility.
lflick 09:14 AM 12-09-2013
I have gotten this a few times.... I almost wonder if it is perhaps the parent thinks if they ask in this manner we will give them a break on tuition. The last time I was asked I responded, "It is completely your decision whether you want to bring them the 3 days they are enrolled for as the tuition paid covers up to 3." Said family did attend all days that week following that reply and I have since not been asked.
itlw8 09:27 AM 12-09-2013
well when certain kids are gone my days IS MUCH EASIER and their parents know that. heck the child is a handful. Too mad my handful is my dgs. LOL

Normally may parents do not ask if it is ok to stay home except at this time of year when the kids are making presents for their parents. They do not want them to miss out if the child is well.
Hunni Bee 11:20 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Sounds like she wanted your permission to NOT keep him home.

"I know your illness policy and I know they're sick, but they WANT to come..."

Oh please.
Reply Up