Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Is It Possible To Get Money Back If You Haven't Paid In?
LaLa1923 05:11 PM 01-05-2014
I haven't sat down and gotten all of my tax stuff together but it looks roughly like the following....

I grossed 25k

I am single with 3 kids

Is it possible for me to get any money back if I haven't paid in?

In previous years I grossed around the same, paid in a little and always got money back. 6-12k easily
MyAngels 07:27 PM 01-05-2014
That probably depends on whether you can claim any of the refundable tax credits. I know there are a few that can actually reduce your tax liability below zero and therefore they could net you a refund. The Earned Income Credit, some type of Child Tax Credit and one of the education credits I think are refundable.

I'm no tax expert, though, so don't quote me on it .
Angelsj 07:38 PM 01-05-2014
Curious, if you have before, what is making you question it now?
Based on what you have there, 25 K as income and three kids, it is absolutely possible. Do you feel like a variable has changed, or just because you haven't paid anything in?
CrackerJacks 08:08 PM 01-05-2014
I'm sure you could if you qualify for the earned income credit.
LaLa1923 09:23 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
Curious, if you have before, what is making you question it now?
Based on what you have there, 25 K as income and three kids, it is absolutely possible. Do you feel like a variable has changed, or just because you haven't paid anything in?
Nothing has changed, I just haven't paid anything in.
TwinKristi 11:55 PM 01-05-2014
I did last year! I was expecting to pay but got a LOT back. Only 1 kid claimed though.
Angelsj 05:19 AM 01-06-2014
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Nothing has changed, I just haven't paid anything in.
Those numbers, assuming you have done nothing to disqualify you for earned income credit, should net around $4000 back, even if you have paid nothing in. If it is self employment money, it is still "earned income" but you may not get as much back, since you have to "pay" taxes on that income, after deductions, but you will still be in that ballpark. You can go here and plug in some basic numbers to get an idea of what you will get as a refund.

Actually, this page will work better for you.
Reply Up