Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Phone deduction question - tom
CrackerJacks 08:03 PM 08-17-2014
Tom- I understand you cannot deduct the cost of a first phone line, but can deduct t/s for a second phone line. But what about this: I have a cell phone which I do not pay for (as it is part of my parents family plan) I also have a landline which I do pay for. Can I deduct the cost of the landline as a second line?

Also, I am going to purchase my daughter a kids cell phone (one ghat only allows certain numbers to be programmed in) so she can contact me if she needs to while she is at sports practice and I am at work. Can any of this coat be deductible?
TomCopeland 07:25 AM 08-18-2014
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks:
Tom- I understand you cannot deduct the cost of a first phone line, but can deduct t/s for a second phone line. But what about this: I have a cell phone which I do not pay for (as it is part of my parents family plan) I also have a landline which I do pay for. Can I deduct the cost of the landline as a second line?

Also, I am going to purchase my daughter a kids cell phone (one ghat only allows certain numbers to be programmed in) so she can contact me if she needs to while she is at sports practice and I am at work. Can any of this coat be deductible?
Since you aren't paying for the cell phone, the landline is considered your first line and therefore you can't deduct it. Once your purchase a cell phone for your daughter, you can then consider your landline as your second phone and deduct a portion of its cost.
Reply Up