Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Those two weeks.......
trippingontoys 07:02 AM 02-14-2014
While you are waiting for the parent you just gave notice to, to find a new provider.

I had to give notice for the first time (since I began child care almost 4 years ago) to a parent that I can no longer watch their child. She's a biter and its happened 3 documented times (and 2 that I am 99% sure of but can't prove) since she started 5 weeks ago. I do not feel comfortable taking my eyes off of her for a second, even to change a diaper. My other parents, who are not happy when their kids get bit, have been with me since almost the beginning and its not worth the stress of this child that's only part time. There are some other behavioral issues, but mostly ones I could deal with.

So I gave notice yesterday. This morning drop off was very awkward.........

And I feel terrible. Dad is a nice guy, was very understanding, said its just a bad situation all the way around. Wishes he could fix it. Then I started waffling about calling him and telling him I'll keep her. I didn't do it, but I seriously considered it.

I have determined that people pleasers do not make good bosses...........
Tags:biter, notice, terminate - biter, termination, two weeks, violence in child care
Up