Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michigan Friends, New Law Help
Indoorvoice 08:30 AM 01-14-2019
My friend had a family daycare for a few years and shut down before the new law changes went into affect. She has since reapplied and got her letter in September that she could reopen. They did not make her retake the orientation. So she started taking kids while awaiting the 90 day inspection. Well the 90 days came and went and her inspector just this week reached out to her to schedule the inspection. The inspector is saying with the new laws, she is not allowed to be watching kids before the inspection. One, is this true? It doesn't look like they have updated the law on the LARA website so how would my friend know this? Two, how can a daycare wait more than 90 days for an inspection without having daycare kids? Isn't that the point of the inspection? Three, is she going to get in trouble? Should she close for that day? I'm admittedly not well versed in all the changes and I don't want to give bad advice. Is there a spot on the website I'm not finding that has the new laws?
284878 09:09 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
My friend had a family daycare for a few years and shut down before the new law changes went into affect. She has since reapplied and got her letter in September that she could reopen. They did not make her retake the orientation. So she started taking kids while awaiting the 90 day inspection. Well the 90 days came and went and her inspector just this week reached out to her to schedule the inspection. The inspector is saying with the new laws, she is not allowed to be watching kids before the inspection. One, is this true? It doesn't look like they have updated the law on the LARA website so how would my friend know this? Two, how can a daycare wait more than 90 days for an inspection without having daycare kids? Isn't that the point of the inspection? Three, is she going to get in trouble? Should she close for that day? I'm admittedly not well versed in all the changes and I don't want to give bad advice. Is there a spot on the website I'm not finding that has the new laws?
Yes there is new laws. I'll daycares are no license and I are registered anymore. You now have to wait in for your inspection order to open your doors. As for whether or not she should just close for the day it probably is in her best interest but honestly she should just close just to be on the safe side. I have a list of the new rules somewhere or a link to them or something PM me to remind me to look them up later it's on my computer and not on my phone.
I also like to recommend this site to your friend, so she can ask an update her questions herself.
Gemma 09:33 AM 01-15-2019
I think she should close until she gets the permission to be open...seems to me the system is already trying to wipe us out by adding ridiculous rules, going against the law could result in monetary penalty, or even cost her her license for good....not worth the risk
Tags:michigan, michigan - training, michigan regulations
Reply Up