Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Car Seats In Daycare?
AnythingsPossible 08:12 AM 03-17-2011
Nan, your policies state car seats can not be left at daycare, and I have read a few other posters who have stated this as well. I am wondering why?
Anyone care to comment?
TBird 08:14 AM 03-17-2011
An inside space/safety issue maybe??? I'd just have them leave it in the garage (if there's room).
SilverSabre25 08:18 AM 03-17-2011
There's both the space issue and the issue that if parents are taking the seats in and out of the car each day (not infant bucket seats, but car seat bases and convertibles, etc), then there's a good chance that they aren't getting a good installation every time they put it back in, which is of course a huge safety risk.
dEHmom 08:32 AM 03-17-2011
thought this was interesting.

This is Canadian, but I assume it's the same or close to.

There is such a large gap between the rear and front facing stages. I know partially due to height, seems strange to me that for half the time they could be in forward facing they could still be in rear facing. More than half actually. Almost like you should just skip the stage 2, and finish stage 1 go straight to stage 3. But that's a little ridiculous to buckle a 7 yo in a rear facing.
MyAngels 08:34 AM 03-17-2011
I don't have room for them inside the house. Most of my families just get two seats - one for each parent's vehicle. I also have had grandparents pick up, but they all seem to have their own carseats as well.
dEHmom 08:41 AM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I don't have room for them inside the house. Most of my families just get two seats - one for each parent's vehicle. I also have had grandparents pick up, but they all seem to have their own carseats as well.
Definitely.
Each parent I've ever had each have their own seats in their own vehicles. Once I had dcm leave seats for grandma but that was ok, we left them outside on front step. Otherwise grandma just switched vehicles with mom before picking up kids.
DCMomOf3 08:16 AM 03-17-2011
If I remember right, safe car seat installation, or lack there of, played a part in her decision.
daysofelijah 08:18 AM 03-17-2011
They take up way too much room in my entryway. My dcp are still bringing their now 1 yo in the bucket seat every day. I don't get it. I was so happy to be done with dragging the bucket seat around, I had my kids out of it by 6 months old.

Maybe they are trying to wait until their 4 yo weighs 40 lbs. so they don't have to buy new car seats only boosters. I'm about to say something because the car seat takes up so much room in my already tiny entryway. I suppose I could just start putting it out in the garage during the day.
Tags:car seats
Reply Up