Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wwyd
BentleysBands 05:08 AM 12-13-2010
tomorrow i have to get two of my cats to the vet to be fixed...all dcp's but ONE family has a backup...this one family dcm told me yesterday she didnt have anyone but could she just rearrange her work hrs to work around me dropping off the cats/picking them up...not a problem, we got it all worked out.

well, she just texted me saying "we are staying in today, see ya tomorrow"

WTH??? she does this all the time, taking days off . kids normally stay home , but thats not the issue....the issue is when I want/need the day off its always a 'problem' .... what would u write back? i havent responded yet since i'm so pissed .

she couldnt take the day tomorrow when I needed it?? i have to leave my house at 630a to drive 30mins to take cats to vet then 30mins back so SHE can drop off by 9a and then my DD is watching them in the afternoon from 4-6p so i can go pick them up....ughhh

and i KNOW why she isnt going to work today, cuz its sleeting/raining/snowing today and her HAIR will frizz !! I know this for a fact because its been her excuse to call into work before
AfterSchoolMom 05:15 AM 12-13-2010
Well, if it were me, I'd say "oh, it looks like you didn't have any problems getting off work after all, so I'm going to close tomorrow. See you Wednesday."

I'm in a mean mood, though.
marniewon 05:28 AM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Well, if it were me, I'd say "oh, it looks like you didn't have any problems getting off work after all, so I'm going to close tomorrow. See you Wednesday."

I'm in a mean mood, though.
I'm not even in a mean mood and I agree with the above!
jen 06:49 AM 12-13-2010
This time, I would do nothing. However, the next time I needed to close, I wouldn't be able to accomodate any special requests, closed is closed.

People will ALWAYS do what is best for them.
TGT09 07:40 AM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by jen:
This time, I would do nothing. However, the next time I needed to close, I wouldn't be able to accomodate any special requests, closed is closed.

People will ALWAYS do what is best for them.
Yep, I agree. I don't ever barter with parents about being closed.
Blackcat31 07:41 AM 12-13-2010
YOU do what works for YOU because obviously they are doing what works for them. I learned long ago that if you try to make deals about closing it NEVER works in your favor. I agree with pp about never bartering about close days/times.
BentleysBands 08:21 AM 12-13-2010
well, i just decided not to reply and lefft it be. and defintely next time i will not accomodate. thanks guys for the help!!
Lilbutterflie 08:22 AM 12-13-2010
Yup, I agree. Closed is closed from now on! No special arrangements.
laundrymom 08:37 AM 12-13-2010
Even airlines tell us to secure our own oxygen first. :-)
jen 09:58 AM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Even airlines tell us to secure our own oxygen first. :-)

Mom&Provider 11:11 AM 12-13-2010
Ok, I'm new to this and haven't had to tell parents yet that I need a day....BUT...when I do I'm telling them I do and that's that! We're always here for their kids and shouldn't feel badly for needing a day to get our own things done for our family (pets included!). If you were working a job out of your home, you'd have asked for the day off and no problem...this shouldn't be any different...back up or not!

What would happen if you had an emergency and needed to close suddenly one morning? She's lucky she knew about it in advance!!
Tags:days off, no show
Closed Thread Up