Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dry All Day?
Miss A 10:58 AM 12-21-2017
Almost 2 year old DCB arrived about 8:15 this AM, and despite drinking quite a bit over the course of the day. How concerned should I be, and what more can I do?
daycarediva 11:00 AM 12-21-2017
What time is it where you are?

Is he otherwise sick? Acting fine?

I have a couple that let the floodgates open at rest time.

If he wasn't wet after nap, I would contact a parent.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:02 AM 12-21-2017
I bet they have been working on some potty training at home and he will flood at nap time.

There was just a thread about this recently, but I can't find it again.
Miss A 11:07 AM 12-21-2017
I am in Iowa, currently 1:06 here. DCB has already taken a 2.5 hour nap, woke up bone dry, drank a cup of water and a cup of milk at lunch, checked after and still dry. Acting just fine, is in deeo imaginative play currently. Not fussy or whiney either. I sent a text to DCM, but she hasn't responded yet.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:33 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I am in Iowa, currently 1:06 here. DCB has already taken a 2.5 hour nap, woke up bone dry, drank a cup of water and a cup of milk at lunch, checked after and still dry. Acting just fine, is in deeo imaginative play currently. Not fussy or whiney either. I sent a text to DCM, but she hasn't responded yet.
My son once went 36+ hours without eliminating. I was told at that point that it was considered a medical emergency. BUT we had been working on potty training pretty hard and I handed him a diaper and told him to go and he went.

I would definitely notify mom, may be some water play is in order (even if its just in the sink).
Ariana 12:45 PM 12-21-2017
This happens quite a bit in my house. I always thought it was strange and have mentioned it before but the parents didn't seem to care.
Miss A 09:58 AM 12-22-2017
DCB did ally peed yesterday afternoon, but both DCM and I knew something was off. He complained about his ears yesterday afternoon, but DCM said that stopped once he got home.

He came this AM and looked wiped out. DCM said he was acting fine and had. O temp at home. An hour after he arrived he had a temp of 101.4, and was taken home.

His body must have been reserving the fluids in preparation for sickness.
daycarediva 10:02 AM 12-22-2017
Oh no! poor guy!
Mike 01:57 PM 12-24-2017
DCB did ally peed yesterday afternoon, but both DCM and I knew something was off. He complained about his ears yesterday afternoon, but DCM said that stopped once he got home.

He came this AM and looked wiped out. DCM said he was acting fine and had. O temp at home. An hour after he arrived he had a temp of 101.4, and was taken home.

His body must have been reserving the fluids in preparation for sickness.
I hope it's nothing serious and doesn't interfere with tomorrow, for him or the family.
Miss A 07:00 AM 12-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
I hope it's nothing serious and doesn't interfere with tomorrow, for him or the family.
Stomach flu, which then passed to me and my 14 month old son on Christmas Day, as well as another DCM and 9 month old DCG. Merry Christmas to us
Mike 08:27 AM 12-27-2017
Stomach flu, which then passed to me and my 14 month old son on Christmas Day, as well as another DCM and 9 month old DCG. Merry Christmas to us

Stomach flu is not good. I hope you're all feeling better soon.
Reply Up