Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Using Personal Facebook to Advertise?
Play Care 11:13 AM 05-23-2016
I have some openings I can't seem to fill. I was thinking of putting a blurb on on personal Facebook page advertising the openings. It's usually word of mouth around here so a lot of usual advertising methods just don't work here. But I also don't want to turn my personal Facebook into a work thing either. Is there a way to do it that's not tacky?
laundrymom 11:19 AM 05-23-2016
I post what I want on my own FB page. If people do t like it they can unfollow or Unfriend me.
I do post if I've got an opening.
Second Home 11:19 AM 05-23-2016
Do you have any local facebook daycare referral pages ?
We have some like maryland daycare referral list . It is set up for licensed providers( we must include our lic# to belong) to post openings/ads and parents to post their care needs .
Thriftylady 11:26 AM 05-23-2016
I post on a lot of the yard sale sites when I have an opening and use my personal FB page. Honestly I started doing it before I had a daycare page, so now I use both.
JackandJill 11:26 AM 05-23-2016
I always put a quick little something on my Facebook when I have an opening! I never do it like an ad, more like, hey friends, if you know anyone looking I have a space open. I don't get into any details or anything, just short and sweet.

I get sooo many referrals from Facebook friends who see that I have a spot open and let their sister, neighbor, coworker, etc. know. I almost always fill right back up after posting. Actually right now, all my dck's are from some form of Facebook advertising

Good luck!!
finsup 11:46 AM 05-23-2016
I do! I typically post something informal like "hey guys! I've got an opening in the daycare if anyone is looking or knows someone who is! No one seems to be annoyed by it
Leigh 02:09 PM 05-23-2016
I don't post my ad on my personal page, but I'd rather have referrals than anything, so I do post that I have, say, 2 openings as of X date, and want to share with my circle before advertising to the public to give them first chance. I ask them to share the post, and several will.
thrivingchildcarecom 03:19 PM 05-23-2016
Have you thought of adding a page for your business? I have a separate page for my business so I can post things there that aren't necessarily for the general public.
Controlled Chaos 03:27 PM 05-23-2016
I always share advertisements from my business page to my personal page. I also will post things like "I am currently interviewing families to fill a spot for a 2-4 year old starting in July. I so rarely have openings, so I wanted to give my friends and family a heads up before I fill it. Let me know if you are interested!" Several people share it typically and occasionally past clients put a comment with a nice reference If my work bugs anyone, they are welcome to unfollow. I don't care.
Tags:advertising, facebook ad
Reply Up