Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Living in La La Land!!!
Meeko 12:11 PM 09-29-2011
I have a 5 year old kindie who is a sweet kid...but oh boy with the wild tales!! She is La La Land 90% of the time.

The school called me an hour ago. DCG had refused to get on the bus. (Her kindie teacher is new this year) Told her teacher that her grandma was coming to pick her up. Teacher believed her!

School office secretary and I have known each other for 20 years. She calls to say "We have DCG! New teacher believed grandma story!"

Dad works 40 miles away. Mom lives in another state. No grandma in any direction for thousands of miles.

We are full today and therefore one of us can't leave. Soooooo...a very unhappy dad (at his daughter - not me!) is driving all the way down here to pick her up from school (which is less than a mile from me) and re-arrange his whole schedule! He's going to bring her to me and then drive back again, poor guy! Something tells me she won't pull THAT one again!
Kaddidle Care 12:19 PM 09-29-2011
He needs an emergency pick up person that is closer for the future. Hopefully he will arrange something tonight. Not too swift to not have a pick up person close to school or to you for that matter.

Sounds like the new Kindy Teacher isn't the brightest bulb either. There are things like NOTES that need to be sent to school for pick up arrangements other than the norm. Duh!
MsMe 12:20 PM 09-29-2011
Poor Dad.
Meeko 12:31 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
He needs an emergency pick up person that is closer for the future. Hopefully he will arrange something tonight. Not too swift to not have a pick up person close to school or to you for that matter.

Sounds like the new Kindy Teacher isn't the brightest bulb either. There are things like NOTES that need to be sent to school for pick up arrangements other than the norm. Duh!
He has close EMERGENCY people, but didn't feel like this was an emergency and didn't want to disturb them. At least I gotta give him kudos for taking responsibility for his own child!

New kindie teacher learned a valuable lesson today....don't believe a word of the tales you hear!!
familyschoolcare 12:59 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
New kindie teacher learned a valuable lesson today....don't believe a word of the tales you hear!!
I will not even believe my 7th grade day care boy when he tells me I am not coming on such and such day B/C such and such. It has turned out to be true 1/2 of the time and each time mom did tell me. Children think adult do not talk to each other.
Auntie 01:14 PM 09-29-2011
I am sure there is a school policy in place that says kids need to provide a note or parents need to call the school for different transportation. I bet that teacher feels like an a$$. I sure would.

Poor dad having to drive to get the child.
Meeko 02:08 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Auntie:
I am sure there is a school policy in place that says kids need to provide a note or parents need to call the school for different transportation. I bet that teacher feels like an a$$. I sure would.

Poor dad having to drive to get the child.
The school does has policies in place. Something tells me the principal will be having a chat with the new teacher!
Tags:5 year old, fibber
Reply Up