Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Letter - Is It Really That Simple
familyschoolcare 07:51 AM 12-02-2011
So I have decide to give one of my families the gift of no. Short version of the story,

unless I mirror this 12 year old all the other children say stop that to him often. Nobody

will tell me what he should stop. Then Wednesday when I was giving him a time out

because he ran into the street (I do not have a fenced yard.) DCB told me “you know the

more you do this the more my parents are going to want to send me somewhere else they

are already looking.” Then yesterday when I was talking to DCB about talking nicely to

the other, children he made it clear that he is not capable of that because, almost

everything I do and say is “unfair”. DCB could not explain this or give any examples. By

the way Mom has already decide to keep DCB home over Christmas break to be with

older brother that is attending a local Jr. college. So by giving the notice now they realy

have at least a 4 week notice.

Does the below letter sound good It almost seamed to simple tpo write.

Dear DCM, December 2, 2011

Copy of this letter given to DCD

After much thought, consideration and conversations with DCB, it has come to

my attention that I will not be able to provide a daycare environment that both DCB and

I are happy with. Therefore, I have decided that Friday, December 16, 2011 will be the

last day I can provide daycare service for DCB. I wish you the best of luck finding

daycare service will fit your needs and desires.

Sincerely
ME
Unregistered 07:59 AM 12-02-2011
I personally would not mention that you are discussing any of this with the dcb. If he is young enoug to need care, then the decisions about the care should not have anything to do with him.
laundrymom 08:01 AM 12-02-2011
Sounds good.
sharlan 08:05 AM 12-02-2011
From past experiences with older boys, I will not take one over the age of 10.

Your letter is short and sweet, to the point.
daycare 08:20 AM 12-02-2011
I agree with pp!

No need to mention that you or the DCB are not happy.
Just state you can no longer provide care.

If she asks you why, you can tell her you feel that your place is structured more towards younger children and that you have found it difficult to meet his needs.

Also agree no kids over 10
familyschoolcare 10:14 AM 12-02-2011
Thanks,

I think I was over thinking it.

Anyway I am going to print the letter and have one sent ceritifed mail, today. Because mom called and her sister will be pickin up today.

Also I hardly ever see mom in person and she is the parent I have a contract with see dad 3 or 4 times a week but they are not together and mom signed contract.
daycare 10:15 AM 12-02-2011
dont ever give someone ammo to use against you. I say that the less you say the better off you are..
Tags:terminate - inappropriate behavior, termination - older children, termination letter
Reply Up