Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Felt/Flannel Board Help
MsLaura529 05:16 PM 08-24-2013
For those of you who have made felt boards ... I'm not super artistic, so I'm thinking my cutting characters from a story out of felt will not look so great. The kids would probably stop paying attention to the story and just try to figure out what the heck Miss Laura made, haha. Would it make more sense for me to print out pictures and then glue them onto the felt pieces to stick on the board? Has this way worked for anybody before? What would be the best way to attach the paper to the felt?

Thanks for your help!
Michael 05:18 PM 08-24-2013
More threads on Felt Boards: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=felt+boards
MsLaura529 05:24 PM 08-24-2013
Thanks. Helpful ideas, but none of them really answered my question ...
Leanna 06:00 PM 08-24-2013
I would print out characters, etc. and glue them onto felt with tacky glue....just make sure they are not too heavy. I am not artistic either so a lot of my felt stories are stories and poems that have simple shapes (It Looked Like Spilt Milk, 5 Little Apples, etc.) that don't take too much artistic skill or dexterity with scissors.
Rachel 10:08 PM 08-24-2013
I'm not super artistic either. I have a wall of carpet instead of a felt board. I can print or trace things on heavy paper and color and laminate. Then I stick velcro (the hook side) on the back, and it sticks on the carpet. Much easier for me than felt. I do want to make little felt boards for the kids as a take home present, but that hasn't happened... yet.
Meyou 02:48 AM 08-25-2013
I've printed things on cardboard and glued it to the felt. I've also glued sandpaper on the back of the cardboard which works well. But my nicest felt board pieces are the ones where I bought a printable tshirt transfer sheet, printed the pictures on that and ironed in on the felt. The last forever and you can print some pretty cool graphics. I have train tracks and roads for my felt board made this way.
MsLaura529 04:46 AM 08-25-2013
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I've printed things on cardboard and glued it to the felt. I've also glued sandpaper on the back of the cardboard which works well. But my nicest felt board pieces are the ones where I bought a printable tshirt transfer sheet, printed the pictures on that and ironed in on the felt. The last forever and you can print some pretty cool graphics. I have train tracks and roads for my felt board made this way.
That sounds awesome. I don't think I can get the t-shirt transfers done for this week's activity, but maybe next time I will look into that.
WImom 12:05 PM 08-26-2013
I am the same way with my artistic abilities. I hate when kids ask me to draw something for them. They are always saying "That doesn't look like a____"...lol

To answer your question - I print out pictures online and laminate them and then stick a peice of velcro on the back and it sticks to the felt board)
Sometimes it's already colored photo's and sometimes I have to color the picture in.
Tags:felt boards
Reply Up