Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Question
WImom 07:28 PM 04-06-2011
What do you tell parents when your interviewing more children then you have spots? Do you tell them that and that you will make a decision by such and such date? (I also don't want to assume they are choosing me).
Meyou 02:15 AM 04-07-2011
I always say that I'm interviewing more families and that if they are interested in signing a contract they could call me after they go home to discuss our interview. I never sign anything the first time I meet them in person.
MsMe 04:31 AM 04-07-2011
I am always interviewing multiple families for one spot. I always let them know that I have more families coming.
Meeko 05:06 AM 04-07-2011
ALWAYS.

It let's parents know that I am in charge of who I tend and that I have choices. It also helps when you get the interview from hell and they want to leave their kids with you!! You just tell them you'll let them know!

NEVER, EVER be seen as person who is desperate for their business. They WILL take advantage.
TBird 05:25 AM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
ALWAYS.

It let's parents know that I am in charge of who I tend and that I have choices. It also helps when you get the interview from hell and they want to leave their kids with you!! You just tell them you'll let them know!

NEVER, EVER be seen as person who is desperate for their business. They WILL take advantage.
I couldn't agree more...AMEN and let the choir sing!!!
momma2girls 05:37 AM 04-07-2011
I have it written in my contract- in order to hold a spot, that is open, I need the signed contract back immediately, or it is not held.
MarinaVanessa 06:49 AM 04-07-2011
I tell EVERYBODY that I interview that I have 2 or 3 more interviews scheduled for the week and that I'll get back to them with my decision. Notice how I said MY decision. I say this even if they are my last or only interview. I like to mull things over before I make decision. I also don't ever sign anyone on right away b
dEHmom 07:04 AM 04-07-2011
yep, I let them know I have done and have more interviews to do. That way there they know they are not the only family, and I tell them if they are interested in signing let me know when they are ready. I inform them there is no rush on their decision as I understand they have other daycare interviews I'm sure, but that once a deposit is placed, the spot is no longer available.

That way they keep in touch and if they don't then I know they are not interested anyway.
Tags:interview, interview - questions
Reply Up