Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor Toys For Babies?
DBug 10:36 AM 03-25-2010
I'm setting up a play area for crawlers (8 to 12 mos) in the backyard. I plan on having interlocking foam mats on the grass, surrounded by a superyard, with a canopy sunshade over top. But I'm at a loss as to which toys I should have for the crawlers to play with. I'd like to have different toys than the ones inside, but so far all I can think of is one of those fabric tunnels.

Any ideas?
SunflowerMama 11:36 AM 03-25-2010
What I do for the little ones (non-crawlers and early crawlers) is I set up a little wading pool, put a big blanket inside and then have different soft books, blocks and other toys for them that they don't play with inside so they have some new toys to play with. They seem to really enjoy it and can watch the bigger kids climb and play.
Unregistered 01:01 PM 04-02-2010
I always have an assortment of balls and it keeps a crawler busy crawling after them (Especially a big one that rolls as they grab it, because it is to big for them to hold!) Tunnel is also a good idea, thanks for that idea!! Crawlers are hard outside because they put everything in their mouths! I would also love some good outside toy ideas too!!
DBug 10:35 AM 04-03-2010
Balls are a great idea! Easy to find and cheap too I was thinking of maybe getting some crib toys (the style that hang on the side of the crib) to hang on the inside of the super yard too. I'm not sure if they'd be able to stay outside, but it's worth a try. Additionally, I think I may get some beach toy cars, trucks and boats (baby-safe, of course) and keep those out there.
stevedavis709 02:52 AM 03-19-2011
I would like your valuable suggestions guys. I have a 10 month old baby girl. She has started walking and I was wondering if I could get some good outdoor toys for her, but I am so very confused on what I should I buy for her. She is such a tender child I want it to be very safe.
Cat Herder 10:31 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by stevedavis709:
I would like your valuable suggestions guys. I have a 10 month old baby girl. She has started walking and I was wondering if I could get some good outdoor toys for her, but I am so very confused on what I should I buy for her. She is such a tender child I want it to be very safe.
You can never go wrong with a little tykes playhouse, picnic table and a plastic sandbox with a lid.

When they are young like that I choose to use ball pit balls in the sandbox, instead of sand. (less risk of cat infection and easier to clean)

A small, shallow, water table with floating toys is always a huge hit with that age as well.
Tags:outdoor equipment, toys
Reply Up