Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just had one of those "beautiful" daycare moments
Shell 12:58 PM 02-23-2015
While taking the temperature of one dcb (102), another dcb threw up in my lap! Cleaned it up now, but had to share
AuntTami 01:00 PM 02-23-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
While taking the temperature of one dcb (102), another dcb threw up in my lap! Cleaned it up now, but had to share
Don't you just absolutely love your job somedays? Lol
hope 02:01 PM 02-23-2015
I had a moment like that last week. Dcg threw up and i had to wash her down and change her clothes. As soon as i was done she had diarrhea....all over. I didn't even have a second to pick up phone yet to call for pick up. Sorry you had that kind of day!
Janiam 02:31 PM 02-23-2015
Knocking on wood! I haven't had one of those in awhile, hope your day gets better!
DaveA 04:32 PM 02-23-2015
I feel your pain. Years ago in a center I had a child power puke down the back of my neck Called the Asst Director to cover while I got my extra clothes out of my car. They were in my car because the day before I had used my emergency set when a child had sudden diarrhea while sitting in my lap.

Why wouldn't everybody be lining up to do this job?

e.j. 05:53 PM 02-23-2015
The chorus of the song, "Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This" came to mind as I read your post. Hopefully your week will only get better from here!
Controlled Chaos 07:58 PM 02-23-2015
Poor you and poor babies
Josiegirl 03:31 AM 02-24-2015
Makes every day worthwhile doesn't it?? And this is why we get paid the big bucks.
AuntTami 04:00 AM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Makes every day worthwhile doesn't it?? And this is why we get paid the big bucks.
Do you have a different job than I do? I don't make big bucks lol
daycarediva 04:20 AM 02-24-2015
Oh my!! I have been puked and pooped on (diarrhea) at the same time- but it was the same child. What made it worse was I could only change my shirt before Mom came- over an hour later I was sitting in puke/poop covered pants.

Oh the joy!
daycare 08:40 AM 02-24-2015
ugh....... Not bragging, but I have never has either of these happen. Now I guess I just pray for Murphys law after having admit that..

wow that really stinks....
DaveA 08:50 AM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
ugh....... Not bragging, but I have never has either of these happen. Now I guess I just pray for Murphys law after having admit that..

wow that really stinks....
Any bets on the over/ under of how long before Daycare gets pooped or puked on for tempting fate with that statement? I go 2 weeks
Josiegirl 10:01 AM 02-24-2015
I don't remember having either one happen to me either but I couldn't tell you the number of times I've pulled out the back of a child's diaper to see if it was poopy, only to pull out a poopy filled finger. Usually, when kids get sick here it either hits the kitchen table, the couch, the floor... Ick.
And the big bucks comment was totally facetious...
deliberateliterate 10:15 AM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
The chorus of the song, "Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This" came to mind as I read your post. Hopefully your week will only get better from here!
My favourite Van Morrison song, and a great song to unwind to.
melilley 10:21 AM 02-24-2015
I slipped in poo here once. It was all over my wood floors (good thing it wasn't on my carpet!) and once when I worked in a center, a child threw up all over me and I had to go all the way home to change. I never forgot to bring extra clothes after that. Then another time at the center, a child threw up and then other children were slipping in it. Fun times!
laundrymom 10:29 AM 02-24-2015
Never a dull moment. That's for sure. Hope everyone is better now though.
Controlled Chaos 12:59 PM 02-24-2015
I have a newfoundland dog - giant dog with long fur. He was puked on and peed on in one day Poor puppy. Luckily he loves bathes.
daycare 01:14 PM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Any bets on the over/ under of how long before Daycare gets pooped or puked on for tempting fate with that statement? I go 2 weeks
OH no my days are numbered!!!!
Reply Up