Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Anyone use electronic pay feature on MMK?
legomom922 09:04 AM 09-13-2010
I see it's a $1 fee per transaction, so I am deciding if I want to use this new feature or not. Has anyone used it and is it good to use? Do parents like it? And do you charge the parents the $1 or pay it yourself?
seashell 09:12 AM 09-13-2010
I've never heard of it. What is MMK?
Unregistered 09:17 AM 09-13-2010
I use Minute Menu Kinds and the electronic payment tool. I really like it! I wish that all my clients would use it! It's very easy to use and makes my life a lot easier! I personally take the $1 hit for the transactions, it's worth it to me so that I don't have to go to the bank. If you have any questions about it I can do my best to answer them for you.
Unregistered 10:58 AM 09-13-2010
Minute Menu Kids
Michael 12:39 PM 09-13-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
I see it's a $1 fee per transaction, so I am deciding if I want to use this new feature or not. Has anyone used it and is it good to use? Do parents like it? And do you charge the parents the $1 or pay it yourself?
I think PayPal charges the same $1 per transaction. That's expensive.
DancingQueen 05:44 PM 09-13-2010
I use it and I LOVE IT.
I make the parents take the hit and as of 1/1/11 I'm going to make it mandatory way of paying me (except for the one parent that I know doesn't use the internet).

It is just too simple and easy to use and the money is always there.. I dont' have ot go to the bank I don't have ot remind anyone.

did I mention I LOVE IT?
thatgagirl 04:20 AM 09-14-2010
I use it, and I love it. The parents pay the $1. The only thing I hate is the delay between them paying and it going in your bank (3-5 days) but other than that I love it. I have been using it going on 2 years now
gbcc 05:18 AM 09-14-2010
I use it for my parents and I love it. I make the parents pay the $1 fee, plus they can deduct it as child care cost at the end of the year.

My only complaint (Whish is a big complaint really) is the time it takes to find out a parent bounced payment. The parent pays me on Friday. It does not get to my bank account until the following Thursday, which is a bit rediculous. Then if the payment bounces I don't find out until Wednesday. Once the payment bounces I get charged the $1 fee plus a $3 bounce fee. So you have provided half a week of care before you know there is a problem.
thatgagirl 05:29 AM 09-14-2010
woah buddy....I didnt know they could bounce payments with it...omg, guess i need to add that to my handbook! I was under the impression that it was done with your debit card/credit card or bank account and that as soon as they made the pmt it came out of their account!!! It never actually said how it worked when I set it up, now I am freaked out. I dont even take paper checks because of the worry of one bouncing....ugh
seashell 06:05 AM 09-14-2010
I've often thought about setting up electronic payments, but never knew it was possible. I don't use the MMK program, but I like the paypal option. Does anyone know where I can find out about it?

Personally (Just MHO) I wouldn't charge parents for this if I was requiring them to do it. I know it's only $1 but I'd be PO'ed if I was a parent. Just build it into your fee by charging $1 more a week.
DancingQueen 06:47 AM 09-14-2010
seashell - that's actually what I did. I told them the rate was $141.00 per week. Regardless if they used it or not - and if they used it it would cover the fee - if they didn't use it I consider it my own penalty for them opting out (but I don't say this to them..LOL)
Tags:minute menu kids, mmk
Reply Up