Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinions Anyone?
tenderhearts 08:14 AM 12-06-2010
Last Christmas was the first year I did a dvd of the whole year of the kids here at daycare. It was so cool, the parents LOVED it. Here's my question. This year 3 of the kids are no longer with me, these kids I have now other than 2 of them don't know the other kids. I want to still include the "old" kids in the dvd since they were a part of the daycare and I'm sure the kids I have that know them would love to see them. Would you just not put in as many pictures of the old kids or would you do the same? Basically 6 mo of the year would be "old" kids and then then the next 6 mo would be all "new" kids (most). So new parents would be watching half a movie of kids they didn't even know but I still feel I should include them I just don't know how much. Thanks. Sorry I think I made that sound more complicated than it really is.
melskids 08:42 AM 12-06-2010
i have the same issue. i put it all on one DVD and just call it "2010. the year in pictures" too much work to make seperate ones...lol i have one child who was only here for two months total. i'm still going to send mom one, even though there's not that many pictures of her child. i'm sure she'll still love it.
tenderhearts 08:46 AM 12-06-2010
Oh cool you send them to old clients, I dont' do that though. I just didn't know if I should include the same amount of pictures in the dvd since most of my new clients have no idea who they are. I do want some pics of them because it shows all ages and what we (they) do, plus 2 of my current kids know them so they would love to see pics of them. I just didn't know if I should put the same amount of pics. thanks.
melskids 10:10 AM 12-06-2010
well, its only this one client i will send it too. she's kinda a friend, and her son only left to go to headstart cause he needed speech and PT, so it was easier for him to just go there, kwim? anyhoo, in your case, i might add just a few of the "old" kids especially the ones that highlight what you do with them, field trips, special activities, etc. so the parents can see what you offer. can you "mix" them in, so theyre not looking at 5 minutes of kids they dont know, like spread it out maybe?
Tags:age appropriate
Reply Up