Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Updating My Contracts for 2012
Christian Mother 09:51 AM 11-08-2011
Ok, I really need help please...I am getting stressed as I need to hand out new revised contracts and phb's.

Here are the new changes that I'd like to immediately implement starting 1/1/12:

* Getting rid of the "No charge for days child is not in care". Give 5 free days to use whether it is for vacation/holiday/or sick.
* Get all families contracted days set..no more varied days..(full rate is $125/ $25 a day rate...need to figure out a rate for drop in and part time rate...increase?
* Maternity leave
* Holding a spot
* Teachers and summer pay. What do you all do during the summer time when they are here only some of summer time. My situation has been unique as my teacher parent works part time as a summer school teacher and had fri. off. Not sure if this will be the same situation. Also she will have a infant in my care but not sure if she will be bring her oldest in my care as she is looking into putting him at the same school she is teaching at as they told her she could bring him free. I think she is looking at the benefit of not having to pay for care during the summer. She just doesn't know as of yet what her plan is and I don't know how to charge her other than what I had done in the past just $25 a day whether he was there if not no pay for the days he's not in care.
* I have another family who would like to just have their child here Wend. and Thurs. they had a baby 5 months ago and am starting back up. I have been able to do this for them as I had room although starting Dec. 19th I am not sure if I can. I've let her know this and she understands some what. I would like to get all families on a set schedule so I can accommodate this family. I am not sure if I can but I'd like to get the part time families to stick to those specific days so I can let this parent know she can bring her child toughs days and be able to rely on them as available. If the parents decide that they like being speratic then they'll have to pay full time rate to have that flexibility.

Just a note...all my families are really wonderful...they pay on time, they donate food and supplies with out me asking, give gifts, very appreciative, pay for vacations I don't ask to be paid for. I really would like to give them a pain free new contract and pbh. I feel that I have been extremely flexible and reliable. I would just like to see my parents be the same in return...you know? I don't think my families will revolt on this but I do want to approach them with the outlook that in the past...my husband brought home quite a bit of money and I could afford to offer care at a really good affordable rate...not charge for days child is not in care. I realized that offering care in my home could be a biz for me...my life is center first with Christ and family...but children are my passion. I love them..all of them. I feel such a responsibility to offer care at a good rate but I also feel like I couldn't do it with out being able to rely on my families back they way they do with me...do you know what I mean. So how to I put this across to my families in letter format in explaining to them why there are changing taking affect?
daycare 11:06 AM 11-08-2011
I would give 5 days for full time and none to part time for the sick days..

I give only 3 for full time and none for part time... Part timers are already getting a discount

as for the letter, I would just state that due to the ever changing economy, that you are forced to have to make the necessary changes...
Christian Mother 12:26 PM 11-08-2011
I haven't done any discounts so to speak for part time care...I'd like to try and fit in my part timer 2 days a wk but I have to give first come to my full time and also the ones that are 4 days a wk and also give the option to pay full time to have full time access for the family that comes 3 days to 4 days a week. Diff. bc it's so sporadic and I never really know exactly what days I'll have. I think what made me more appealing to parents is that fact that I was flexible and didn't charge for days there not in care. It kills me to have to change but I need to know now what I will make each week and depend on that as income bc I don't know what my husband will make from day to day if not at all. I'm the only one bring anything home. (sigh)
Christian Mother 01:47 PM 11-08-2011
Starting Jan. 1st 2012 I will no longer be able to offer refunds or reductions for days a child misses due to illness or personal days. That also means that I can no longer offer make up days or trade days for scheduled/contracted days. Please understand that these new change in my policies has been extremely hard for me. Low daycare fees and a flexible schedule where allowed only because our soul income came from my husband who is now unemployed. I am the only person with a steady income for our family and must do what I can to make ends meet and the only way I can do this is by asking all my Daycare Families to be as reliable as I have been for them.

I don't know if this sounds right????
MarinaVanessa 06:41 PM 11-08-2011
I would just say this in your letter.

Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
Starting Jan. 1st 2012 I will no longer offer refunds or rate reductions for days that a child is absent. Fees will now be based on enrollement, not attendance, and will be charged a flat weekly rate whether or not the childs attends all of the contracted days. I will also no longer offer make up days or trade days for scheduled/contracted days.

If you any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact me.
ANything else can be addressed in person. I wouldn't add it in.
Christian Mother 08:05 PM 11-08-2011
Owww...I like this!! Thank you!!
Tags:contract - revisions
Reply Up