Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Nerve of Some Parents
KBCsMommy 07:57 PM 01-15-2012
One of my dcm's texted me and says that she won't be bringing her dd tomorrow because she has a flat tire. She then asks if she can have a free day since she cant make it tomorrow.

I only text her back " Im working". She knows from another experience that if I say "Im working" that means she has to pay. In my contract if I take a day off I dont expect daycare parents to pay me.

She then texts me back a picture of her flat tire, then a text that says

" Ok then I will have AAA drive her over in the morning"

WTH!!! I have a feeling this woman is trying to push my buttons and see how far she can push me. This is the third time she has tried to get out of paying for one reason or another.

Sorry sister your problem is NOT my problem. You dont lke my policy you can go to the daycare down the street and pay up the a@@ and pay for her anuual trip to Hawaii!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.
AllDeezBabies 08:08 PM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy:

I would've texted back, "Ok hun, see you then. Hope everything goes well."

She knows your rules. That's her issue she will have to deal with.
Breezy 08:09 PM 01-15-2012
It just baffles me how parents dont understand we have bills to pay! We need to be able to rely on our income. We arent babysitters! Really gets my goat lol
PitterPatter 08:12 PM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by JayChanel:
I would've texted back, "Ok hun, see you then. Hope everything goes well."

She knows your rules. That's her issue she will have to deal with.
LOVE IT!!

I personally don't get paid unless the children are in my care for the day so I would lose out here no matter the reason.
Mary Poppins 09:17 PM 01-15-2012
Grrrrrr.

Then there's me, who had a dcm ask me Friday at pick-up if I wanted tomorrow off - paid - since I'm open and she's a student and would be home. Of course, I said "No, bring the kids for a few hours - take some time to clean and catch up on studying!"

Then I realized none of my other kids are coming.

Sunday me is really kinda hating Friday me right now.
AllDeezBabies 09:30 PM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
LOVE IT!!

I personally don't get paid unless the children are in my care for the day so I would lose out here no matter the reason.
Totally understand. I'm so serious about the matter. If it was me I would still call to see if "AAA" is still dropping of dcg TOMORROW. If not, that day will be billed.

I'm new but once I put the word out that I started a daycare, I've heard all the stories from daycare providers in my area. I know me, if I put it in writing and we've established this arrangement, it strictly is what it is. Your problem should not become my emergency.
laundrymom 04:08 AM 01-16-2012
So...... Can she not change a tire? Lol.
Does she not have a spare?
I think I would do something along the lines as someone else said and say.

Ok, just let me know if they are dropping her off early so I can figure your overtime charges. Thanks!

One of my dcm's texted me and says that she won't be bringing her dd tomorrow because she has a flat tire. She then asks if she can have a free day since she cant make it tomorrow.

I only text her back " Im working". She knows from another experience that if I say "Im working" that means she has to pay. In my contract if I take a day off I dont expect daycare parents to pay me.

WTH!!! I have a feeling this woman is trying to push my buttons and see how far she can push me. This is the third time she has tried to get out of paying for one reason or another.

Sorry sister your problem is NOT my problem. You dont lke my policy you can go to the daycare down the street and pay up the a@@ and pay for her anuual trip to Hawaii!!!!!

Cat Herder 05:08 AM 01-16-2012
For sticking to your policy.
momofboys 06:20 AM 01-16-2012

Don't you hate when they try to guilt-trip you into something? Do you think their boss would care if they had a flat tire? Would they use that excuse w/the boss-man? I think not. Change the tire, go buy a new one - problem solved.
KBCsMommy 08:18 AM 01-16-2012
I didnt text her back. But I thought about texting..

" Wow I didnt know AAA did that, thats so awesome!"

Anyways...most cars have a spare tire that people can drive on a few miles so Im not sure what was going on. Or if her husband couldnt figure out how to fix it!!

So whether she made it to work or not, I dont know! And I hope she didn't tell her boss she has a flat tire!!! That is completely unproffesional.
momofboys 09:31 AM 01-16-2012
I didnt text her back. But I thought about texting..

" Wow I didnt know AAA did that, thats so awesome!"

Anyways...most cars have a spare tire that people can drive on a few miles so Im not sure what was going on. Or if her husband couldnt figure out how to fix it!!

So whether she made it to work or not, I dont know! And I hope she didn't tell her boss she has a flat tire!!! That is completely unproffesional.
If she has AAA you'd think AAA could manage to put the spare on
awestbrook713 12:46 PM 01-16-2012
First off I had AAA and they will tow to a place that supports triple AAA and fix the tire there shes trying to pull a fast one, bet the pic of the flat wasn't even her car.
DCMom 12:52 PM 01-16-2012
Umm, she better check her contract with AAA...

They WILL change the tire, but probably won't give her kid a ride to daycare

Just when you think you have heard it all, they think something else up! Good for you for sticking to your policy
wdmmom 01:18 PM 01-16-2012
I wouldn't have even engaged it beyond. DCK won't be here tomorrow.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Can I have FREE wouldn't have even been responded to.
daycare 01:47 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Umm, she better check her contract with AAA...

They WILL change the tire, but probably won't give her kid a ride to daycare

Just when you think you have heard it all, they think something else up! Good for you for sticking to your policy
ditto on this.... we were out camping and my hubby got a flat in our truck. within an hour AAA was there and changed it out within 20minutes....

Then another time we were in our sons car and it's older and we didnt have the spare in it yet. So AAA towed the vehicle and gave us a ride to the nearest place to repair it....They are not a taxi service, they wouldn't take us home....lol and we were only 7 miles from home.

She is trying to get under your skin
I would just send her home with a simple reminder letter of your policy
cheerfuldom 06:18 PM 01-16-2012
It doesn't take 24 hours to take care of a flat tire. And it is her responsibility as a mom to make sure she has a back up plan for her daughter and any emergencies that might come up.
Unregistered 07:20 AM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
So...... Can she not change a tire? Lol.
Does she not have a spare?
I think I would do something along the lines as someone else said and say.

Ok, just let me know if they are dropping her off early so I can figure your overtime charges. Thanks!

I would think this in my head, but would not say this snarky response to someone else. It would be putting me down to her level. I won't go there. If I felt the need to reply I would just say to her. I need to rely on a steady income and as is in my policy you will have to pay for the day no matter if your child is here or not. Then end it... She is not going to like it, your going to feel caught in the middle........but it is business. Your not a babysitter, your a small business underpaid operator. They do try it all! It's the part of daycare that I hate the most, because we are "care" providers we are supposed to "care" about it all!!! I can easily fall into that trap-
Tags:backbone, enforcing policies - consistency, free days
Reply Up