Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Advice, 18 mo
JoseyJo 09:52 AM 10-14-2013
Good Morning

This is week 2 with our new DCG (actually day 4, she was out sick Mon, Tues last week). It has been a LONG time since we have taken one so little and I have found myself following her around ALL morning having her pick up toys and I am wearing myself out!

For example- she sees the little people and goes over and pulls them out, examines each one as she takes it out of the basket, plays with them for about 10 seconds then the dolls catch her eye. She gets a doll, goes over and gets a stroller and takes her doll on a walk from playroom 1 through the front room into playroom 2. Then she sees the drums, leaves her doll and goes and gets a drum and plays it. Another child sees her playing and goes to join her. She looks up at the child and the cars catch her eye so she leaves the drum and goes and gets the cars, examines each one as she takes them all out.... etc etc. Suggestions?

We are set up for older toddlers/preschoolers so we have a lot of toy bins (actually a lot of toys in general, and a lot of art supplies as well). The art supplies are up where she cant reach, and she sits in a highchair while we do art so I can just give her appropriate things to work with.

I have been all morning stopping her as she leaves the last toy to find another and having her pick up the old toys. She does it willingly but it doesnt seem to be stopping the cycle and she isn't playing with any one toy for more than about 30 seconds.

Thanks for any advice!!!
Tags:2 year old, shadow
Up