Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Week Notice
Ami 04:00 PM 11-10-2015
In a contract if the clause says to give 2 week notice, does provider take the 2 week tuition in advance during enrollment so save them selves if parents breach the contract. And if not then does parent actually give 2 weeks notice?
Thriftylady 04:08 PM 11-10-2015
Every provider does this differently, but many do collect two weeks in advance or at least on a payment plan. In my area the economy isn't great so I am currently holding a deposit of one week, and with prepayment on Friday the week before the next's weeks care, it means I hold two weeks. In the end though, your business your rules.
Ariana 04:37 PM 11-10-2015
Originally Posted by Ami:
In a contract if the clause says to give 2 week notice, does provider take the 2 week tuition in advance during enrollment so save them selves if parents breach the contract. And if not then does parent actually give 2 weeks notice?
This is what I do for this very reason. The only person I didn't do this with was a child who came to me for 1 hour a day. I didn't bother with the deposit and guess what? They stiffed me $50 when they left without notice. Getting the two weeks upfront guarantees your payment. Most parents do not send their kids for this two weeks in my experience, when I terminate care, so you end up getting paid for nothing!
TXhomedaycare 07:17 PM 11-10-2015
I don't do deposits now but will in the future. I have only had one family do what they were supposed to do in the past and have lost out on money. I will have to offer a payment plan though since most families will have issue with paying it all at once.
christine19720 09:36 AM 11-13-2015
I collect the first last week's fee at enrollment. Their last week here is always paid.
Tags:2 week notice, notice, payment plan
Reply Up