Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Can't Believe A Parent Would Do That!
Unregistered 12:05 PM 01-30-2015
One parent and I had agreed that their children would be to my house at 10 AM. So I took the other children for a walk and returned back to my house by 9 AM. I heard children talking and come to find out the children were in my backyard. The other parent had brought them early and left them in the backyard unattended! He came back and said that he went to go find a payphone to call me. Is this totally insane or what?! The kids aren't even 2 years old yet by the way.
nannyde 12:08 PM 01-30-2015
You are a mandatory reporter. You need to call now and report. There is no other way to deal with this.
cheerfuldom 12:10 PM 01-30-2015
He's a moron. and should have taken the kids with him to the payphone. Term immediately. or you will have the liability that comes with working for/with a moron. report him too.
Hunni Bee 12:12 PM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by nannyde:
You are a mandatory reporter. You need to call now and report. There is no other way to deal with this.
^^^^ This. Now.

I cannot begin to think about what horror could've happened with toddlers being left unattended in someone's backyard.

At the very least, YOU could be in hot water now if someone else had seen them, and you had nothing to do with it.

LysesKids 12:54 PM 01-30-2015
Turn him in and terminate...
Unregistered 01:53 PM 01-30-2015
What! Insane!!
daycare 01:59 PM 01-30-2015
Waaaaatttthhh...Just when I thought that i had heard it all.....thats just plain STUPIDITY..

so what did you do? did you let them stay or did you make dcp pick up and term on the spot?

I once termed a father because he dropped hid kid off at my driveway at the age of 3. Luckily the child was smart enough to come straight to the door.

I have in my PHB that parents must make face contact with me when picking up and dropping off.
renodeb 12:53 PM 01-30-2015
I must say thats a new one on me! I bet you were furious!
Josiegirl 02:39 PM 01-30-2015
Oh my WTH did you do or say to him? I would've read him the riot act of the year then told him to leave. How long was he gone? It doesn't even matter....2 kids under 2 yo left by themselves. You just don't do that.
Crazy8 02:43 PM 01-30-2015
Ummmm…. where are there payphones anymore??? Sorry, story smells fishy to me.
Reply Up