Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Reimbursed by Child or Day
Unregistered 02:28 PM 06-06-2020
Dumbest question ever I bet.

Is the food program reimbursing per child attended or per day? I am pretty sure it is per child.

Side questions.
And it is every child, (including own when other kids are present, regardless of income) not just income eligible, that gets reimbursed? Do you bounce from tiers if you do then dont then do serve low income families?

I have read so much my mind is blown that I may just be missing it.
Unregistered 02:59 PM 06-06-2020
Actually this (that somehow double posted) can just be ignored.

Heard more from the sponsor, not feasible for me to be on USDA now.
284878 04:21 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Actually this (that somehow double posted) can just be ignored.

Heard more from the sponsor, not feasible for me to be on USDA now.
Did they say why it is not feasible for you to be on the food program?
284878 04:28 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dumbest question ever I bet.

Is the food program reimbursing per child attended or per day? I am pretty sure it is per child.

Side questions.
And it is every child, (including own when other kids are present, regardless of income) not just income eligible, that gets reimbursed? Do you bounce from tiers if you do then dont then do serve low income families?

I have read so much my mind is blown that I may just be missing it.

You get paid per meal, per child, per day with a max of three meals per day.
Unregistered 01:43 PM 06-07-2020
She told me it was for eligible children only, mine are not eligible, and I would be on tier 2. With my enrollment how it is (one child-out of pocket- signed up) I did not want the hassle. I want more flexbility in food service (not meaning give them a bite of top ramen for breakfast or something) and not have someone come after me if I gave only a fruit at lunch or was under the recommendation by a smidge.
But when I double checked licensing I have to follow the rules anyway...so ugh I am just confused. I already told her I would wait for now. I probably spoke too early to her.

Everything (my menu, current enrollment) is in KidKare now, and I know like 90% of the rules from working at centers, so I don't think it would be so hard to jump on the band wagon.
Jo123ABC 04:52 PM 06-07-2020
By not doing food program you're pretty much only saving yourself a bit of paperwork (or computer entry) time and a few less inspections.

I don't mind the inspections too much but I have had a weird inspector that ticked me off once. One was wandering around upstairs while we were playing downstairs one time. My brother happened to be dropping off late that day and let me know there was "a lady wandering up here". I started locking my door that day. I get unannounced visits but I'm not okay with a stranger wandering around without my knowledge.
Unregistered 12:16 PM 07-05-2020
That's bad. They should never be unattended. My licensor says shewon't even let me go grab my files which are upstairs and take the same time I would going to the bathroom.

Hence why everything is also online and accessible by tablet. Ugh. Oh well my choice to have the paper copies.
Tags:food program, usda food program
Reply Up