Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me With a Response Please
Ac114 04:53 AM 12-06-2019
A little backstory first: single mom to 5 yr old DCG was getting dropped off by family members in the morning right at 7am. My hours are 7am-5:30pm. Family member that was helping moved to a different state a little over a month ago so mom asked if she could bring DCG at 6:30. She said I don’t want to switch daycares, DCG is thriving here, she loves you blah blah blah. I said I could help out for a short period of time but she will Eventually need to find someone to help with dropoffs because I can’t do 6:30 indefinitely. I have 3 children of my own, 2 of them in school so the mornings are a little hectic. So I’ve been opening up at 6:30 for a little over a month for free because I have felt bad with her being a single mom and trying to make ends meet etc.
Fast forward to today:
Mom “hurry, get in, I have to run home before work because I forgot something at home! Love you! (They live 20 minutes south of here)
Me: oh wow, you better hurry you’re gonna be late.
Mom: oh I won’t be late, I actually get to work 20 or so minutes early so I can have me time and drink my coffee in peace.

Ummm hold up? What? I’ve been opening 30 minutes early for free for you to enjoy your coffee in peace. I am seeing red I am so mad right now. I’m putting a stop to it today. Do I mention the me time comment? Just says it’s not working out?ill gladly open at 6:30 for 10 extra dollars a day, do I add that part? I’m trying to hard to not just be super rude and just be professional but get my point across. Help!
Tags:single mom excuse
Up