Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Preschool Within Elementary, Middle Or High
EKIDSACADEMY 07:39 PM 01-26-2012
Hello everybody,

I'm thinking of starting my own non-profit preschool in LA. My idea is to open a preschool within elementary, middle or high school but I don't have much knowledge about it.

Does anybody can advise me on how to do that, whom to speak to and is it possible at all?

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you
Michael 07:41 PM 01-26-2012
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now. You a neighbor, I live in Moorpark. Several other forum members are in the area.
EKIDSACADEMY 09:05 AM 01-29-2012
Michael, thanks for adding me. Do you know how I can find out about opening a preschool within an existing elementary, middle, or high school? Is this something that is done? I'm specifically looking at the Playa Vista area. Thanks for any help!

Lana
Michelle 11:45 AM 01-29-2012
Just call community care licensing in your county.
Preschools that are located in schools are usually government run, but you can try. It doesn't hurt to ask.
EKIDSACADEMY 04:22 PM 01-31-2012
I will, Thank you!!!
godiva83 06:26 PM 01-31-2012
I was a supervisor at a daycare located in an elementary school.
If the school is public based - the centre needs to be non-profit and run by a board of directors. I would get in touch with you ministry, licensing office and municipal government.
Tags:non-profit, preschool
Reply Up