Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas or What to Do?
tenderhearts 08:46 AM 02-08-2018
I have a 5 yr old dcg who has been with me since she was just almost 2yrs. I think it was 2 summers ago she developed a fear of the wind, caused a lot of issues, just non stop crying, (not loudly) just crying to herself and just sitting in the play house, any ways it was there last summer as well and it is difficult because it upsets a couple of my other kids. Anyways the parents were stopping doing things because of this if they were "outdoor" activities. Then increasingly she doesn't like it when I'm not in the room, so at quiet time they watch a movie and I'm not "sitting' out here all the time, I'm back and forth from one room to another, cleaning up lunch ect. It's not far and I can hear everything, so when I"m not in the room she will lay out here and cry. She now cries every day her mom drops her off, this started maybe a week ago. I've asked mom if she knew what was upsetting her or if it was something here or at home and she just says that she's "tired" and it's nothing here.
I've tried asking dcg but she just looks at me, or she will sometimes say she misses her mom, or sometimes she will say I don't want you to leave the room.
I know at home she sleeps with her parents, I think since she has been here she has never slept in her own room. They don't even try, and it's whatever she wants to do they do. Dad has said since she's in our room and she goes to bed when we do (which is late) we don't ever get to watch what we want to watch. They are in there mid to late 40's and she is an only child.
I've explained to the dad with the wind issue that they needed to find "wind" things to do and try to explain it to her and not stop doing outdoor things because of the wind, she needs comfort through it but it isn't going to help her to not go out in the wind.
I don't know does anyone have any suggestions? She will be going to kindergarten in the fall too.
Tags:5 year old, fear - wind, fearful child, phobia, phobia - wind
Up