Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When to Open
Unregistered 09:02 PM 12-10-2011
So I'm not sure when to open my center...when I have one child, three, ten? How did you go about this and did you hire all the teacher right away or as needed? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sugar Magnolia 05:29 AM 12-11-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So I'm not sure when to open my center...when I have one child, three, ten? How did you go about this and did you hire all the teacher right away or as needed? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Wow, hello center person! Not many center people here so I hope you'll register and stick around. I could use the company! LOL . We opened the day we got our license. We only had 2 kids enrolled, and one of them was our own child. We slowly added kids. Hire as you go, BUT have applicants pre-interviewed, screened and ready to go.
mismatchedsocks 07:43 AM 12-11-2011
I would open the day I got my license and was ready to go! I would then find ways to advertise, set up specials, open houses, etc. I would want to be open in case someone stopped by. Good luck!
Unregistered 10:02 AM 12-11-2011
I will be around I can't wait to open this center. Our city (population 23,000) only has 2 centers that accept infants...that's only 18 infants for the whole city!!! Anyway, I appreciate your information. I have another question; do you know approximately how much it costs for liability insurance for your center? My center will be for 51+ students so approximately 25 employees. I'm working on it with an agent, but was curious.
Unregistered 10:21 AM 12-11-2011
What do you offer for parents that want just 1/2 time? I'm wondering because I'd like to offer 1/2, but that child's spot is essentially taking a full time spot.
Abigail 01:58 AM 12-12-2011
Wow, lots of unregistered posts...sign in so I don't get confused. LOL.

You are opening a center but have a staff to student ratio of 1:2? Are you going to be an infant only center? I agree with the other posts about opening the day you get your license, but I would prepare MONTHS ahead of time for interviews to hiring potential workers and start looking for good deals on daycare items to get stocked up. Do you currently do home daycare or are you just randomly going to chance it and open a center??

Please give us some background on your career choices and dreams and goals. Thanks!
Tags:assistant
Reply Up