Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Insurance
Former Teacher 09:34 PM 05-26-2012
Does anyone know of an insurance company that offers coverage on major medical only?

My DH and I are in (thankfully! ) great health. Even though I have pre-existing conditions, we only need in case something bad happens. We pay for everything out of pocket now, IE dr. visits, medications, etc. We were just thinking if one of us needs a transplant or gets deathly sick that requires a hospital stay. Things like that.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Blackcat31 12:46 PM 05-27-2012
My SIL used this site to find what she needed. I don't know if it will work for you but you can try. http://www.majormedicalhealth.com/
Former Teacher 02:38 PM 05-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My SIL used this site to find what she needed. I don't know if it will work for you but you can try. http://www.majormedicalhealth.com/
Thanks Blackcat!
Countrygal 06:47 PM 05-27-2012
I used to have some through American Family, I think, through work. I've also heard State Farm offers it. But with pre-existing conditions you may not qualify. I didn't because of migraines and a bad knee. Let me know if you find any and where through! I'd be interested, too!
Former Teacher 05:30 PM 05-28-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
I used to have some through American Family, I think, through work. I've also heard State Farm offers it. But with pre-existing conditions you may not qualify. I didn't because of migraines and a bad knee. Let me know if you find any and where through! I'd be interested, too!
My DH also checked out State Farm...and they would accept me but wanted close to $700 a month for just me! But I will let my husband know about AF.

Of course I will keep you posted!
jojosmommy 11:46 AM 05-29-2012
check out the gov health care site. You type in your zip and your age and info and comes up with all the compaines that offer health care and at what (estimated) cost. I think its healthcare.gov

The site is not political. Its simply for information. You are on your own for contacting each indiv company and getting quotes.
Tags:insurance, medical insurance
Reply Up