Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Policy Clarification!!!
dEHmom 01:31 PM 01-22-2011
Ok, So I have everything about communicable diseases etc in my policy, but I never thought of this!

What if I get strep throat?!?!?! It's not like I cough in my hand and touch everything, or put toys in my mouth.

Would i need to shut down? Or is this something I could keep safely from spreading?
mickey2 01:56 PM 01-22-2011
I think that as adults we wash our hands frequently and disinfect often so I would stay open. if in doubt, if you do get it inform the parents and let them decide.
I have done that in the past. Called parents and said "I am not calling to cancel, I am open but..........this is what I have, am feeling. Choice is up to you".
cillybean83 07:47 PM 01-22-2011
i stayed open when I had strep, i wore latez gloves and a face mask ALL DAY lol
Abigail 10:52 PM 01-22-2011
I wonder about this too because what if they ask not to pay?!
marniewon 07:21 AM 01-23-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I wonder about this too because what if they ask not to pay?!
If I'm open, parents pay whether they come or not. Just like cillybean, I would take all precautions to make sure not to spread my illness. As long as I felt well enough to properly care for the kids, I would remain open. It is up to the parents whether to bring the kids or not, but it would be paid either way. Now, if I close for illness or whatever, I do not expect parents to pay (even though I do say I can take up to 5 sicks days a year. Hmmm....not sure what that means though, I didn't exactly spell it out whether they would be paid or not).
e.j. 08:12 AM 01-23-2011
Anytime I've ever had Strep, I felt so awful I wouldn't have wanted to open.
The sore throat felt like I was being sliced from ear to ear with a knife, the chills and body aches were awful. I never had to think twice about closing!
Tags:policy, provider sickness
Reply Up