Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Hello..I’m a Newbie and Childcare Provider
ljones77 03:14 PM 02-04-2013
Hello there I'm a newbie, but I wanted to be apart of a community who understands, the daily struggles us providers go through. I'm a single mother of three, a daycare provider who has been running a daycare business out of my home for 4 and a half years now. With this economy I find myself having some issues to stay full. Right now I'm down to one dck and I'm trying to figure out, what I can do to advertise myself better or what am I doing wrong. I have been posting on craiglist like crazy, I have a website, and I have signed up with all kinds of sites. But still nothing is coming through just a bunch of prospect s wasting my time. I feel myself getting a little stressed about it all, dont want to give up on my business, but I may have to if things don't begin to look up soon.
Blackcat31 03:18 PM 02-04-2013
Welcome to the forum
ljones77 03:26 PM 02-04-2013
Thank you
Michael 06:57 PM 02-04-2013
Welcome!
ESharie 08:51 AM 02-14-2013
Hello,

I too am a new provider and totally understand your frustration! I found that accepting part time and afterschoolers help with getting side income. Also networking with the local schools and business make a huge difference. Many of those employees want providers near their job. Maybe you would like to look into contacting their human resources department, with a small piece of marketing material for their employees....JUST A THOUGHT. IT HAS WORKED FOR ME!
HomeMADE 03:12 PM 02-14-2013
I am also new and thought I would have an issue with getting kids, so I took drastic measures when I opened. I am kind of regretting it now.

-I am open from 5am to 6pm since the local daycare centers do not open until 6am.

-I took 2 part timers on the same day and the DCM's schudel changes every 4 weeks. So I can't really fill the days they don't come unless I term them.

-I also have one drop off that child. That will fill a spot if I have a spot for him when she calls.

So I have one full time baby from 5am to 2:30. 2 PT 2 days a week. And one drop off.

I wish I would have waited it out and just filled 4 full time spots.

Good luck.
Blackcat31 03:22 PM 02-14-2013
Originally Posted by HomeMADE:
I am also new and thought I would have an issue with getting kids, so I took drastic measures when I opened. I am kind of regretting it now.

-I am open from 5am to 6pm since the local daycare centers do not open until 6am.

-I took 2 part timers on the same day and the DCM's schudel changes every 4 weeks. So I can't really fill the days they don't come unless I term them.

-I also have one drop off that child. That will fill a spot if I have a spot for him when she calls.

So I have one full time baby from 5am to 2:30. 2 PT 2 days a week. And one drop off.

I wish I would have waited it out and just filled 4 full time spots.

Good luck.
The biggest peice of advice I can give you in that area is any time a parent needs ACCESS to an entire week (even if they don't use it) you charge them the full time rate.

That is the ONLY way for them to be guaranteed the space and for you not to have taken the loss of income by not being able to fill the space around her varying schedule. kwim?

If she has a schedule that rotates or varies from week to week, that is HER burden to bear.
Tags:new jersey member
Reply Up