Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thoughts on Flyer?
_Dana_ 09:36 PM 07-31-2013
Hello! I've been lurking here for a long time. You are all a wealth of valuable information! I've been using this forum for everything from finances to creating my policies and contract to setting up the playroom. Thank you for sharing your insight and experience for newbies like me!

I am gearing up to open my home child care and will be putting flyers up in local businesses. I was wondering if I could get your thoughts before I get prints done tomorrow. Thanks!
Attached: Child Care Advertising pdf.pdf (290.0 KB) 
blandino 10:07 PM 07-31-2013
They look great ! All the pertinent information is there.
coolconfidentme 03:06 AM 08-01-2013
Looks great. I went with no pictures & black ink on colored paper. They were more noticeable then the other flyers. Will you be taking vouchers? Licensed?

I think my best advertising is word of mouth & business cards. (black ink/bright card stock paper) I have them with me all the time & always mention my daycare at the store, library, etc.
melilley 04:42 AM 08-01-2013
I think it looks great! I personally wouldn't put my own picture on it, but that's just a manner of opinion. Good luck with everything!
_Dana_ 07:22 AM 08-01-2013
Thanks ladies. I'll get them printed this morning. I appreciate your input. I am very excited to begin this journey. A bit nervous.....okay, very nervous!!!....but excited nonetheless. So glad there is a place I can come with questions!

Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
Will you be taking vouchers? Licensed?
I'm not licensed yet. I have my orientation class next week. Until then I will be legally unlicensed, hence the "limited openings."
Starburst 07:03 PM 08-01-2013
In some states it is a requirement to put your licensing number on all advertisements for your business (just a though for when you are licensed). If they don't say anything about that in the orientation, just ask them if your state requires it.

You may want to bring a small list of questions you have (like things you didn't see or they are unclear about on their regulations) and if they get answered during the orientation cross them off, if not ask them at the end before you leave.

Consider joining the "Providers In Training" group on this site. It's a great way to network with other new providers.
_Dana_ 08:07 PM 08-01-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
In some states it is a requirement to put your licensing number on all advertisements for your business (just a though for when you are licensed). If they don't say anything about that in the orientation, just ask them if your state requires it.

You may want to bring a small list of questions you have (like things you didn't see or they are unclear about on their regulations) and if they get answered during the orientation cross them off, if not ask them at the end before you leave.

Consider joining the "Providers In Training" group on this site. It's a great way to network with other new providers.
Good to know on the licensing number. I'll follow up on that. I already have a list of questions for orientation training next week. I'm ready to get this ball on the road!

I would love to join the Providers in Training group. What do I need to do to join?
Starburst 08:45 PM 08-01-2013
Originally Posted by _Dana_:
Good to know on the licensing number. I'll follow up on that. I already have a list of questions for orientation training next week. I'm ready to get this ball on the road!

I would love to join the Providers in Training group. What do I need to do to join?
I sent you an invite, check your notifications by your sign in name on the top of the page on the right side of the screen.
DaisyMamma 01:29 PM 08-02-2013
Lola good! Maybe try some different "fun" fonts, like Comic Sans or Kids.
Tags:flyers
Reply Up