Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Updating Policies... what to say
DaycareMom 10:05 AM 12-08-2014
I have been having issues regarding late pick ups recently, so I decided to update my policy handbook and give copies to the parents.

What do I say when I hand it to them? I wrote a letter to go along with it, but I don't know what to verbally say when I hand it over. I want to it to be short and sweet but I am so nervous. I tend to say too much so I need to memorize and practice. lol

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!
Blackcat31 10:17 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
I have been having issues regarding late pick ups recently, so I decided to update my policy handbook and give copies to the parents.

What do I say when I hand it to them? I wrote a letter to go along with it, but I don't know what to verbally say when I hand it over. I want to it to be short and sweet but I am so nervous. I tend to say too much so I need to memorize and practice. lol

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!
I usually say something along the lines of; "With the new year come a few changes and updates. Here is the updated handbook. Please make sure you read it over thoroughly. I've had several policy violations and some surprised reactions when I enforce my late fees so please familiarize yourself with the rules outlined in the program handbook. As always if you have any questions, just let me know."

Maybe not as wordy but something along those lines.

HTH
DaveA 10:17 AM 12-08-2014
"It was time to update my policies. Please read over them carefully and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Thanks"

That was the extent of it when I handed out new policy manual & contracts last month.
Indoorvoice 10:18 AM 12-08-2014
Usually when I do these types of things i just say, "I'm making some changes. Please read over tonight and let me know if you have any questions." They don't need to know what it's about.that's what the letter is for! Good luck!
Reply Up