Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:24 AM
USAF_Wife

Default Lakeshore

I came across a daycare site called Lakeshore. They have so many aweso,e things. It took me two days to just go over all the 4-year old stuff. I'm thinking about selling my little stuff and start replacing it with some things from this site. I'm thinking I could buy 1-3 things a week depending on the price. Has anyone ever used their stuff before? Is the quaility there for the price you pay?
Old 03-13-2015, 10:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

Yes, I've ordered from Lakeshore before, lots of time. Wait for a sale. Their stuff is expensive. While it's good quality it's certainly not indestructible. I bought the people, such as different professions or ethnicity, and most of them are now missing feet due to being thrown.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:49 AM

Lakeshore is SUPER expensive!

When I worked at Head Start, we could ONLY spend our funding through Lakeshore. I balked when Candy Land board game cost 3x what I could buy it at Target or Wal-mart for.

I "steal" ideas from Lakeshore but RARELY if ever buy from them.

Another company we shopped at frequently was Kaplan. VERY similar to Lakeshore in cost and content.

https://www.kaplanco.com/

You can usually buy a lot of the same things that both Lakeshore and Kaplan sell through Discovery Toys, http://www.discoverytoys.net/catalog/
Constructive Playthings, http://www.constructiveplaythings.com/
Environments http://www.environments.com/

I know tons more but not off hand...
Old 03-13-2015, 10:52 AM
Nature Lover

We have a Lakeshore Store a couple hours from my house. Hubby keeps saying we can go when we are in the city but we always keep driving by when we are there-HHHMMM.......

Is there a drooling icon?
We only get one shot at this!!
Old 03-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

I love lakeshore, but they are very expensive. If there is something at lakeshore I want, I wait until they have a sale - they regularly rotate between 20% of a non sale item and buy one/get one 50% off sales.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:08 AM
USAF_Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Lakeshore is SUPER expensive!

When I worked at Head Start, we could ONLY spend our funding through Lakeshore. I balked when Candy Land board game cost 3x what I could buy it at Target or Wal-mart for.

I "steal" ideas from Lakeshore but RARELY if ever buy from them.

Another company we shopped at frequently was Kaplan. VERY similar to Lakeshore in cost and content.

https://www.kaplanco.com/

You can usually buy a lot of the same things that both Lakeshore and Kaplan sell through Discovery Toys, http://www.discoverytoys.net/catalog/
Constructive Playthings, http://www.constructiveplaythings.com/
Environments http://www.environments.com/

I know tons more but not off hand...
There stuff was rather expensive that is why I would only be able to buy 1-3 things a week. I'm going to look up these other sites you gave me. Thank you so much.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:20 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Be sure to check out:

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/

WAY cheaper than Lakeshore, many of the same items.

They also offer free shipping if you order $79 worth of stuff and it gets there FAST.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare View Post
There stuff was rather expensive that is why I would only be able to buy 1-3 things a week. I'm going to look up these other sites you gave me. Thank you so much.
Yep. So expensive.
Lakeshore
Discount school supply
Hatch
Kaplan
All good sources. But pricey.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

I am big on Discount School Supply and Constructive Playthings. CP has great sales! I've bought lots from them, all from the sales fliers they send out.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Yes, I've ordered from Lakeshore before, lots of time. Wait for a sale. Their stuff is expensive. While it's good quality it's certainly not indestructible. I bought the people, such as different professions or ethnicity, and most of them are now missing feet due to being thrown.
I have one missing a head
Old 03-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Daycare.com Member

I live two miles from a Lakeshore store, so I am in big trouble anytime I go near there. I can't resist their big shiny signs that say New Products! or Big Sale! I went there Wednesday and bought this game:

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1426279906995

Haven't opened it yet, but we're going to play Monday! It was $30, but I had a 30% off coupon, plus a BOGO coupon so I got a $25 item for 50% off! My total bill was $36 or so with tax, for both games that should have been 55. My advice is to sign up for the teacher's club and get their emails, which almost always give me a 30% off coupon. One time I got a 40% off! There are 20% off coupons all over the internet too. NEVER order from them without a coupon.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

I often get ideas from Lakeshore and then make my own (Sensory Tubes) or look for similar products on Amazon. I am an amazon.com addict. Seriously...I need someone to change my passwords and not tell me
Old 03-13-2015, 05:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

Let me know if anyone is interested in buying from discovery toys! I'm an independent educational consultant through them.

I usually buy discovery toys or through amazon.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:53 PM

I LOVE Lakeshore! Almost all of my daycare stuff is from them. My daycare furniture, a good bit of my toys and almost all of my educational games and activities are from them. They have a store about 1/2 drive from me which I love because I like to touch, feel, read through, and personally see items rather than buy online or from a catalog. But if you don't have a store by you, trust me, you can't go wrong with them!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:55 PM

From what I understand, for at least some of their items, they will replace them if you damage them or break them. I might be wrong though, but you could call them and ask about the items that you have that broke.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am a Lakeshore addict. I never buy without a coupong though. And I have never had a problem exchanging an item if there was something wrong with it. They stand behind their items and the quaility is high.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
I often get ideas from Lakeshore and then make my own (Sensory Tubes) or look for similar products on Amazon. I am an amazon.com addict. Seriously...I need someone to change my passwords and not tell me
I had to laugh at this.

My local Lakeshore has a sign stating that "NO PHOTOGRAPHING IS ALLOWED INSIDE THIS STORE".

Old 03-14-2015, 06:11 PM
USAF_Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanentvacation View Post
I LOVE Lakeshore! Almost all of my daycare stuff is from them. My daycare furniture, a good bit of my toys and almost all of my educational games and activities are from them. They have a store about 1/2 drive from me which I love because I like to touch, feel, read through, and personally see items rather than buy online or from a catalog. But if you don't have a store by you, trust me, you can't go wrong with them!
I found out that one of the "outlet" stores are about 4-hours north of me. I've talked to two other daycare providers and we are thinking of taking a weekend field trip up to IKea and then jumping over to the store in Maryland.