Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bleach Recipe
Core12 03:18 PM 12-05-2016
How do u prepare your sanitation bleach cleaning solution ? I have heard that if it is prepared within a spray bottle, that the concentration levels could be wrong.
Also, does anyone know how long the solution is good for?
Blackcat31 05:16 AM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by Core12:
How do u prepare your sanitation bleach cleaning solution ? I have heard that if it is prepared within a spray bottle, that the concentration levels could be wrong.
Also, does anyone know how long the solution is good for?
Here is a sheet with some good info about sanitizing and cleaning as well as mixing ratios

http://ncchildcare.nc.gov/pdf_forms/...fact_sheet.pdf
Core12 06:05 PM 12-06-2016
Thank-you so much Blackcat!!!
Pestle 09:56 AM 12-07-2016
Question about mixing a fresh solution daily: Does that mean you actually prepare a full two gallon of solution each day (since you have to sanitize and sterilize with different solutions) and then dump almost two gallons of bleachy water at the end of each day?
Blackcat31 10:03 AM 12-07-2016
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Question about mixing a fresh solution daily: Does that mean you actually prepare a full two gallon of solution each day (since you have to sanitize and sterilize with different solutions) and then dump almost two gallons of bleachy water at the end of each day?
I mix a smaller amount since I wouldn't use an entire gallon in one day but really if you look at the mixture amounts, it's only alot of water you'd be pouring out...the actual amount of bleach in it seems pretty minimal.
Josiegirl 02:35 PM 12-07-2016
Thank you for posting that. If we don't have a dishwasher we have to start using a 3 tub system for washing dishes, final rinse being a bleach one. I asked another provider what the ratio was and she said it was 1/2 c. to a dish pan of water. I told her I didn't think that was right.
Tags:bleach, bleach ratio, sanitizing
Reply Up