Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Portable Sinks
ECEVA 12:43 PM 11-23-2013
Anyone use portable sinks? I'm thinking of adding them to our center but don't want to cause a huge headache for my teachers. Would love feedback.
Shell 05:21 PM 11-23-2013
We had one at a center where I used to work. Our classrooms didn't have sinks, and with the requirements to wash hands so often (before and after crafts, bathroom, lunch, play dough, sensory table, etc.), they thought it was a good solution so everyone wasn't in the bathroom washing hands at the same time.
It was really expensive, large, and a real pain. The bin that held the water was big, heavy and had to be emptied daily- sometimes more. The teachers used to argue about who had to clean it, and which teacher's class was making more of a mess, etc. The teachers would complain that it was yet another thing to clean at the end of the day- can't say I blamed them.
It is a good solution for having another area for the kids to wash hands, if that's why you need it.
snbauser 05:42 PM 11-23-2013
I would check with you sanitation department before you consider them. I wanted to get one here and was told that our health and sanitation would not approve them.
Unregistered 09:03 PM 03-05-2014
Its really hard to find portable sinks but I think so you should keep tissue paper and a bucket in that you can wash your hands and throw water away when the bucket is full.
Tags:sinks
Reply Up