Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New 10 Month Old New To Daycare
BrynleeJean 07:12 AM 11-17-2016
I have a new enrollement who is 10 months old who has only ever been watched by family ever and no daycare experience so days are real hard. Even when we are all together, if I have to walk to get something or clean something up or pass food out he screams at the top of his lungs. It's deprecation anxiety I'm sure. Diaper times are really hard also as I take each child into the bathroom he thinks I'm leaving.

Tips on how to make this better asap? I hate that he is having so much trouble and the screaming isn't helping anyone's day.

Thank you.
childcaremom 07:24 AM 11-17-2016
Patience. Sorry that's all I've got. For the ones who are really struggling, it usually takes a month.

Lots of reassurance that I'll return, lots of talking from where I am, and reassurance when I come back.

Gemma 07:55 AM 11-17-2016
I agree with patience...I'd keep business as usual, consistency will help him more than anything right now

....and for you, know that you're doing great and soon the lil one will be feeling right at home
Jupadia 09:18 AM 11-17-2016
I get most of what I call my babies around 11 to 13 months. I live in Canada so materity and parental leave equal 1 year. The only younger one I have is my own DS who's 10 months.

I find mist of them go threw this adjustment period. I can tell you it gets better over time some kids adjust quickly others can take months. When they cry to be picked up I encourage them to play by me not on me this way when I get up to do something I'm not moving them to do so. I ignore the crying if I'm off to do lunch or bum changes. Most of these kids have been with mom or dad almost 24 / 7 for a year so it takes some getting use to. I will talk to them while I do my tasks and comfort with words. But mostly as a pp said it just takes patience. Good luck.
Ariana 05:05 PM 11-17-2016
Other than babywearing, which might not be practical for you, I think the only thing you can do is reassure and ignore.

I am taking and infant soon and I am not looking forward to it. It is part time to boot. I am planning to babywear if possible.
Reply Up