Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Schedules
ghostlykisses 02:25 PM 03-01-2010
Ok folks help a Momma out....

How do you go from being a total fly by the seat of your pants person to someone who at least has a reasonable rhythm to their day?

Also if you are providing care at odd hours how do you schedule? My husband works 12pm-9pm and the children I *might* be taking the mom works 12pm-8pm so our day is a little different than most people. We homeschool too.

We used to have a nice little daily rhythm when the kids were younger and my husband worked normal hours but now that has fallen by the wayside. For awhile I liked the life free from schedules. Now I kind of crave that but don't really know how to start getting my own kids back in the schedule habit so that when we do have other children here we have a predictable schedule.

I am overwhelmed. The worst part is I know I have to stop staying up so late and get up a bit earlier (kids too) so we can get our schooling done. Ugh, I just hate mornings! LOL
Michael 02:34 PM 03-01-2010
A reated post with shedules: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12034
originalkat 04:19 PM 03-01-2010
Man that is tough. Especially if you are providing childcare during "off" hours. I would have a hard time with that because if I had morning kids and evening kids it would seem like my work day never ended! I dont follow a strict time schedule, but really just a routine first we do this then we do that and just let the day play out. Maybe you could jot down the most important things of the day and make a schedule/routine from there. The schedule post listed above could help give you some ideas as well.
ghostlykisses 07:18 AM 03-02-2010
I sat down and made a potential schedule. Wow am I ever overwhelmed. I did it two ways. One was very detailed almost like a MOTH (managers of their homes) schedule (not sure if any of you are familier with that). The other one I took the detailed schedule and made it into a block schedule.

I guess I need to keep in mind that just because I make a schedule does not mean everything is written in stone. If something takes longer than it is supposed to no one will die.
originalkat 07:27 AM 03-02-2010
I am familiar with MOTH but I have not bought the book.
True. I do my best to get the important things done and dont worry too much about the rest.
Tags:schedule
Reply Up