Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents Just Don't Get It...(Craigslist Ad)
AfterSchoolMom 07:10 AM 04-28-2012
I came across this one today:

"I'm currently looking for child Care for my two kids under 3. Im looking for someone Monday - Friday and Maybe some on weekends. I would need someone to come to my house and watch the kids. Must be able to work. If your not willing to do the work don't apply. Looking for someone who wants some extra cash. Im a single mom so really I can only pay 30 dollars a day. I Will only pay day to day so if i don't need you one week I will not be paying you. I'll try and use you at least once a week though. Please respond as soon as possible as I'm looking to fill this position fast."

momofboys 07:21 AM 04-28-2012
Yeah that sounds really appealing, lol! I see ads a lot like that & wonder does the writer really think this sounds like a good job?!
Kiki 07:25 AM 04-28-2012
Sounds like something a teenager would love!
$15.00 a day, for each child. Yea, I'd do it. If it was outside of my normal hours, at my home, and all of their food/activity items were provided.
saved4always 08:52 AM 04-28-2012
Oh....can I have her number....pretty please...lol!! She'll probably get a desperate person to take the "job". But she probably will not get someone willing to "work" and it will not be the awesome nanny type of childcare provider that she is picturing.
Ariana 09:27 AM 04-28-2012
Sounds like she'll be interviewing a new person every week! Good luck lady
CheekyChick 02:34 PM 04-28-2012
Two under three. Low pay. Lots of hard work.

Where do I apply???
3girls 05:29 PM 04-28-2012
Oy. Sounds like the standard expectation where I live, lol! Be available whenever I need you but don't expect to get paid!

And as I understand if you want someone to come to your home you have to pay them at least minimum wage!!
cheerfuldom 06:14 PM 04-28-2012
SO you have to be available every day but may only make $30 a week? thats really strange.....
Kaddidle Care 04:47 AM 04-29-2012
Yeah.. NO!
TGPII 07:48 AM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
I came across this one today:

"I'm currently looking for child Care for my two kids under 3. Im looking for someone Monday - Friday and Maybe some on weekends. I would need someone to come to my house and watch the kids. Must be able to work. If your not willing to do the work don't apply. Looking for someone who wants some extra cash. Im a single mom so really I can only pay 30 dollars a day. I Will only pay day to day so if i don't need you one week I will not be paying you. I'll try and use you at least once a week though. Please respond as soon as possible as I'm looking to fill this position fast."

If you can't afford kids don't have kids!
Springdaze 08:45 AM 04-30-2012
At least she's being honest. Her needs are different than what most "daycares" offer. I think it would be good for a grandma type. I sometimes need strange arrangements but dont ask because I dont want to "bother" anyone. She's putting her needs out there and hoping someone can help her out. Sometimes its not about not being able to afford your kids.
AfterSchoolMom 09:12 AM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
At least she's being honest. Her needs are different than what most "daycares" offer. I think it would be good for a grandma type. I sometimes need strange arrangements but dont ask because I dont want to "bother" anyone. She's putting her needs out there and hoping someone can help her out. Sometimes its not about not being able to afford your kids.
Yes, but even a grandma type can't put her whole life on hold to be at one person's whim, can she? I guess maybeif a person never leaves the house otherwise... but it's very unlikely that someone who never leaves the house would agree to going to someone else's house to work.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 10:14 AM 04-30-2012
Almost sounds like a sarcastic joke
3girls 01:01 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by TGPII:
If you can't afford kids don't have kids!
Yes, and don't ever get divorced, or have a husband who dies, or live through a recession where you can't find a decent job...
DCBlessings27 01:27 PM 05-01-2012
This one is better than the original post. This person has posted a couple times, though I'm not sure who would want to take the job on for only $50/week.

"We need a babysitter Mon-Fri, 8-5.
They are twin boys, 13 mo. would prefer experience in CPR at the very least. my cell is ***-***-***X. texting is preferred. i might be insane for asking someone to watch twins for this price but i can only afford at most $50 a week right now. this CAN be negotiated some. thanks"
AfterSchoolMom 01:31 PM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by 3girls:
Yes, and don't ever get divorced, or have a husband who dies, or live through a recession where you can't find a decent job...
You have a point, but it's the delivery that bugs me. "I will not be paying you". Oh really now?
daytime emmy 01:46 PM 05-01-2012
Well that made me smile today I've had people try the "if I don't need you I won't pay you" on the phone when they call for an interview...I suddenly no longer have an opening. Too funny!
cheerfuldom 02:42 PM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by katieica:
This one is better than the original post. This person has posted a couple times, though I'm not sure who would want to take the job on for only $50/week.

"We need a babysitter Mon-Fri, 8-5.
They are twin boys, 13 mo. would prefer experience in CPR at the very least. my cell is ***-***-***X. texting is preferred. i might be insane for asking someone to watch twins for this price but i can only afford at most $50 a week right now. this CAN be negotiated some. thanks"
I don't care what her reasons are, she's crazy! Thats $5 per day per child! It would be hard to find a teenage babysitter that would work for $5 PER HOUR let alone $5 per day. She is not going to find any one and will have to figure out how to come up with more money. I would charge $60 per day here.
Tags:craigs list, parents - are clueless
Reply Up