Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Don't Know What To Think On This - Your Thoughts?
momatheart 07:17 AM 03-31-2011
dcb is in our care 10+ hours. Has issues with listening/and doing what is asked of him without running away fron us.
We let mom and dad know this when it has been one of those not listening to us kind of days.
We don't expect perfection out of a 4.5 year old and we know kids will be kids. I would say 18 out of 20 of the kids will do what is asked ASAP not a problem.

Dad and mom have the nerve to say "well he is so good he would never do that. We don't have these issues at home." "This is your issue not ours, it happens in your care." "You need to learn how to deal with this behavior."

UGH???!!!!
youretooloud 07:21 AM 03-31-2011
That attitude should serve them well when he's in grade school.

Sometimes I think parents learn this on the internet. I see it on a certain parenting site where the moms will convince each other that if it happens at school, it's the school's problem.

Obviously most parents want to work with school and make sure their child is getting the best experience possible, but there are those few who think the teacher is superhuman and should be able to solve all issues without any help from them.

I bet homework will be fun in four years.
nannyde 07:39 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
Sometimes I think parents learn this on the internet.

nannyde 07:42 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by momatheart:
dcb is in our care 10+ hours. Has issues with listening/and doing what is asked of him without running away us.
We let mom and dad know this when it has been one of those not listening to us kind of days.
We don't expect perfection out of a 4.5 year old and we know kids will be kids. I would say 18 out of 20 of the kids will do what is asked ASAP not a problem.

Dad and mom have the nerve to say "well he is so good he would never do that. We don't have these issues at home." "This is your issue not ours, it happens in your care." "You need to learn how to deal with this behavior."

UGH???!!!!
Then the answer is "well the way we learn to deal with it is terminanting their care. So do you want to deal with this before we deal with this?"
marniewon 07:45 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Then the answer is "well the way we learn to deal with it is terminanting their care. So do you want to deal with this before we deal with this?"
Love this!!
nannyde 08:01 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Love this!!

Or...

"we have learned to deal with this by hiring a full time assistant for the child. That will be an additional one hundred dollars a day. Now would like to deal with this before we deal with this?"

It's the same principle. They are saying "not my problem" so the answer has to be "tag your're it".
cheerfuldom 08:03 AM 03-31-2011
absolutely. put the ball in their court or put up with it. Its your choice.
momatheart 09:52 AM 03-31-2011
I work at a center so I have no say. It is parents like this that make me want to do my own daycare so I can enforce how I think things should be run.
However, for the record we do have a wonderful bunch of parents who do parent their kids within this group. Not all the parents are like this.
PitterPatter 10:20 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
LOL That is awesome! I wish I could be that stern with rude clients!!

Around here we have an excess of daycare providers so clients will pull their kids at the drop of a hat. If I said that they would be gone. I sure would enjoy saying it tho lol
Tags:bad parent, terminate, won't listen
Reply Up