Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Why Why
lovemykidstoo 11:03 AM 09-13-2012
I don't know if some of you remember I posted about this a week or so ago. I have a family that has a rotating schedule. Some weeks they come 3 days, sometimes 4. I dont' usually do this, but I said I would agree to it as long as they guarantee me 3 days a week. Last week was Labor Day and I am closed, so the child came 2 days that week and came 4 days this week. She asked me if she had to pay for Labor Day and I should have said yes, but I thought that he was coming 4 days this week, so the paycheck would be the same 6 days total. They pay every other week. Well, guess what....he didn't end up coming 4 days this week, he came 3. So that is 2 days last week and 3 days this week, so they shorted me a day on the paycheck!!!! They did sign a statement saying that holidays were to be paid if they fall on the regularly scheduled day or in their case still maintaining that 3 day a week. UGH!
Heidi 11:07 AM 09-13-2012
So you said no WHY???? lol

Anytime there is a paid holiday, brace yourself. You know SOMEONE is bound to ask. Next time, be ready....

Practice now...

"YES!!! That is a paid holiday. Thank you for remembering!"
itlw8 11:15 AM 09-13-2012
so tonight you say.. The check was short 1 day. I was nice and said you did not have to pay for the holiday because you were coming 4 days this week.

You owe me one days pay

In fact if you have her text do that and say they may bring the chec at pick up.

Next time say yes you owe for the holiday it is a paid day off
DaisyMamma 06:03 AM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by itlw8:
so tonight you say.. The check was short 1 day. I was nice and said you did not have to pay for the holiday because you were coming 4 days this week.

You owe me one days pay

In fact if you have her text do that and say they may bring the chec at pick up.

Next time say yes you owe for the holiday it is a paid day off
Agreed. There is no reason to let it slide.
momofthree211614 06:11 AM 09-14-2012
I had one once on a rotating schedule, and learned my lesson after the first holiday. I sent out to every parent so they wouldn't feel slighted, that no matter what your schedule is, holidays are paid by everyone. And kept that notice hanging so I could refer to it if needed.
Tags:schedule, schedule - rotating
Reply Up