Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Thank Your Or Goodbye Note
Unregistered 02:05 PM 04-27-2008
Having trouble getting started on a thank you/goodbye letter. Although I know I don't need to, I would like to write a letter to my current babysitter as a follow up to a verbal notice that my child will no longer be attending daycare. I basically want to say thank you & that I've had no problems, service has been great, if she needs to use me as a recomendation etc & now we're moving on.
Michael 08:28 PM 04-28-2008
Some pointers:

1. Greet the Giver
2. Express Your Gratitude
3. Discuss Services Rendered
4. Mention the Past, Allude to the Future
5. Grace
6. Regards
Unregistered 01:17 PM 05-01-2008
Thank you very much for your response.
pingaa3 04:44 PM 05-11-2008
Another thing that would be a nice thank you is to phase it as a thank you/ recommendation letter. It's always nice to know if other parents were happy and had to leave for other reasons. What a nice thank you to provide a letter of recommendation too!

Inga
Parent and Daycare Provider
Unregistered 11:32 AM 02-13-2009
In case someone else finds this post looking for help like I did, here is what I am writing to my soon-to-be-ex daycare. She's an in-home daycare and her whole family is involved a lot of the time. I hope to be able to still keep her as a backup when the one we're moving to is closed - we had to move to help with our commutes and our second baby. We may come back to her if she's open when the 2nd baby gets older so I tried to leave the door open if she's OK with it. I bought her a Willow Tree figurine and put $100 in the Thank You card as a going away tip of sorts. We have tipped her $50 each Christmas which I always worried wasn't enough since she bought DS a very nice gift each Christmas and each birthday as well as a small birthday party for each kid on their special days.

Dear DC -
Please accept our thanks for everything you have done for DS during the last two years. We know he will miss you immensely - you have treated him like family and he has loved being here in your home. We hope to still be able to have DS come by occasionally if your space permits. Please feel free to use us as a reference, we have been very happy in our time with you.
Signed Us
Our ph #

Good luck with your own letter .
GretasLittleFriends 04:49 PM 02-19-2009
My former daycare lady took care of my daughter from age 6 to age 9. I moved away from her so my daughter went to another daycare in the school district we were in, however, I kept my infant son there. He spent the first three years of his life with her. My work schedule was such that he was with her 13 hrs a day for three or four days a week. She was basically his other mom.

When I decided to move out of that state completely it was a very exciting time for my family, but it saddened her greatly to see my little guy go. I wanted to give her something special to remember the kids by but I didn't have a lot of money. I decided to make a small (6x6 or 8x8) scrapbook of the years my kids were in her care. Needless to say it teared her up a bit, but she thought it was an incredible idea.
Reply Up