Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Do Your Kids Play With Little People?
cheerfuldom 06:05 AM 05-23-2012
I got a TON of little people stuff from a yard sale. Four huge sets plus a good size tupperware of misc. people/cars/etc for $50. Now the lady has emailed me because she is cleaning out more. The kids are loving what we have so far but I dont know if I should just go for the rest of the items or not. What do you think? These ARE hard to find second hand, at least here. I rarely ever see them at second hand shops or yard sales.
Country Kids 06:09 AM 05-23-2012
I would so, so go for them. Like you said they are hard to find. Put some outside maybe in a special basket, put some away and rotate in once the weather gets yucky again.

I would love to be able to come upon a deal like that.
Zoe 06:09 AM 05-23-2012
Mine don't play much with Little People, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't get them. Do YOUR kids like them? If so, I see no problem going overboard with Little People. That way there's enough to go around!
MyAngels 06:13 AM 05-23-2012
My kids love the Little People. We have three sets, plus a bunch of extras that I've collected over the years. I do rotate them in and out, so maybe that keeps them fresh.

If you can afford them I'd buy them - you could always resell them if your kiddos don't take to them.
GretasLittleFriends 06:16 AM 05-23-2012
I have a lot of little people sets. Most of which have been bought second hand. I keep the sets separate in totes. I rotate the sets out every few weeks. We are due to rotate out our circus/carnival stuff and bring up something else. I'm thinking farm. My kids LOVE them, even the school aged ones. My kids are 1b,1b,2g,3g,3b,4g,4b,6b,7b,8b,8g.
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 05-23-2012
I have literally hundreds of Little People!!!

My kids use them for EVERYTHING!!
They use them when playing cars, trucks, blocks, kitchen center, etc etc....

They put them in bags/purses, baskets, bins and anywhere you can think of. They use them to play hide and seek with, they line them up and sort them out, count them, throw them () and they even put them in their pockets and try to take them outside.

My Little People are used every day in almost every activity that anytime I see them, I will snap them up.....as you can never have too many of them as far as my own little people go.

Oh, I never take the "building" or structure that comes with them...just the Little People themselves as the kids are only interested in them.
morgan24 06:30 AM 05-23-2012
I would get them, my dcks play with them everyday, sometimes with the buildings and sometimes without. They are very well loved.
MarinaVanessa 06:34 AM 05-23-2012
Wow, that's a hard deal to find. I know what you mean by them being hard to find second hand, it's hard here too and people always want close to what they're originally worth when they sell them second hand (in my area anyway). When I recently saw an ad for the bus and airplane set for $10 for both I jumped on it, glad to see you jumped at that deal too.

I don't know about your kids but my DC kids (all under 5yo) and even my own DD and nephews (7yo-10yo) love playing with the little people which is why I like to have a lot. You can decide whether you have enough or not based on whether the kids fight over them or not. If they all play nicely then it means that you have enough. Personally I'd like to have doubles of some and I'm always looking for deals. For me there are certain toys that when I see a good deal on them I get them, even if I already have a lot ... lincoln logs, legos, duplos, mega blocks, trains and tracks and of course little people. If worse comes to worse and you end up with too many you can always resell them on CL or even ebay. I've seen used little people "people" and "animals" sell for at least $1 a piece used and that doesn't include the building or accessories .
DCMom 07:14 AM 05-23-2012
Tons of Little People here, they love them! Until recently I a had several of the buildings, but the only ones they ever played with were the house, the garage and the farm. I got rid of the airport, the carnival, the school and a couple others. I kept all the people and accessories.

As a matter of fact, they are playing with them right now
SilverSabre25 07:36 AM 05-23-2012
My kids play with them a lot and I find little people sets at Once Upon a Child all the time! My kids like the buildings as well as the people and cars, but the people are cars are definitely the highlight.
Hunni Bee 07:46 AM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I got a TON of little people stuff from a yard sale. Four huge sets plus a good size tupperware of misc. people/cars/etc for $50. Now the lady has emailed me because she is cleaning out more. The kids are loving what we have so far but I dont know if I should just go for the rest of the items or not. What do you think? These ARE hard to find second hand, at least here. I rarely ever see them at second hand shops or yard sales.
My kids adore them. They're about third on the popularity list, behind outside and the computer.
e.j. 12:18 PM 05-23-2012
I have two baskets of Little People and the kids here love to play with them. They love them so much that I've even stooped to using them as bribes from time to time. ("I'll take the basket of "people" down from the shelf as soon as you pick up all of the other toys on the floor that you're no longer using." ) The toys on the floor get picked up quickly if the kids know they can't play with the Little People until pick up is done.
Tags:dolls, little people
Reply Up