Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Evacuation Sites
jenboo 11:03 AM 12-09-2013
So I'm working on my emergency/disaster plan and I have no idea what to put down as an evacuation site... It has to be within walking distance because I do not have a car to transport the kids in. We have businesses/schools/daycare centers near by but I would have to walk along very busy/fast street and then cross it. There is a park near by through my neighborhood but it a few miles away.
I'm not sure which place i should use.

What is your evacuation site?
How far away is it?
How would you get there?

Oh, also do i need to notify the location that i am using them as an evacuation site???
Annalee 11:52 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by jenboo:
So I'm working on my emergency/disaster plan and I have no idea what to put down as an evacuation site... It has to be within walking distance because I do not have a car to transport the kids in. We have businesses/schools/daycare centers near by but I would have to walk along very busy/fast street and then cross it. There is a park near by through my neighborhood but it a few miles away.

How far away is it?
How would you get there?

Oh, also do i need to notify the location that i am using them as an evacuation site???

Licensing in my state requires I have an evacuation site 3 miles away in case of a chemical spill.
Annalee 11:55 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by jenboo:

How far away is it?
How would you get there?

Sorry, I didn't finish...Yes, I had to notify the evacuation site and have clients sign an emergency plan for dc and then give them a copy for what protocol would be for each disaster. I pray this NEVER happens due to the transportation issue. Normally, I do not transport and do not want to face a lawsuit....licensing has assured me I am covered but???????
melonieb 11:58 AM 12-09-2013
Mine is my neighbors house, if need be my kids school.
Tags:emergency plan, evacuation, evacuation site
Reply Up