Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Computer Deductions
Josiegirl 10:43 AM 01-11-2015
What kind of deductions can you take for internet costs, security program, paper and ink? I'm guessing 95% of the stuff I print is because of daycare. And whenever I am on the computer, it's places like here or other sites gaining ideas for dc. The amount would be more than the T/S % but not 100% either.

Another question that is similar, I bought a new camera before the holidays and again, usage is mostly daycare, but not 100%.

How do I break those things down?
Thanks!!
TomCopeland 08:07 AM 01-12-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
What kind of deductions can you take for internet costs, security program, paper and ink? I'm guessing 95% of the stuff I print is because of daycare. And whenever I am on the computer, it's places like here or other sites gaining ideas for dc. The amount would be more than the T/S % but not 100% either.

Another question that is similar, I bought a new camera before the holidays and again, usage is mostly daycare, but not 100%.

How do I break those things down?
Thanks!!
You can always use your time-space %. If you want to claim a higher amount you need to keep some records to show what the actual business use is. See my article on this:http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2012/...e-percent.html
Josiegirl 09:40 AM 01-12-2015
Ok, thanks for helping with my questions!
Reply Up